Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Customer Reward/Loyalty cards

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MilaniJuiceBar
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    ::

Hi

I run an independent juice bar, and have a decent amount of regulars which is great!

I want to implement a loyalty program. Something like buy 10 get 1 free, I’ve also seen cafe’s have things like prepay for 10 get 2 free etc.

I was hoping the community would be able to provide some insight into what has worked for you, or what you as a consumer prefer?

Cheers

Angelo

inkable
    • Total posts: 129
    Up

This is an interesting question. Personally if I am a frequent customer of any place I am interested in any loyalty programs that they might offer. I don’t think it needs to be too much, just something. Also there is some evidence to back this up.

Coincidently I was just reading an article about Amazon Primeand membership programs this morning. The author was quoting another author that we are programmed to maximise the benefits of membership clubs we have already joined.

“Prime members savored the service’s speed and reliability, and, Stone writes, they were inclined to spend more based on the “faintly irrational human impulse to maximize the benefits of a membership club one has already joined.”

http://www.wired.com/business/2014/02/amazon-prime-good-true/

Similarly I have found myself going to Starbucks alot more since I got a Starbucks card. The rewards aren’t event that great and I can’t say I am even a huge fan of their coffee or food. However it is convenient and I am getting a deal :)

Generally I would say don’t over think it too much. However if you really want to to get some valuable insight on this I think the best thing you can do is ask your current customers as to what might be most attractive to them.

Hope this helps!

Eric

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    MilaniJuiceBar, post: 183867 wrote:
    Hi

I run an independent juice bar, and have a decent amount of regulars which is great!

I want to implement a loyalty program. Something like buy 10 get 1 free, I’ve also seen cafe’s have things like prepay for 10 get 2 free etc.

I was hoping the community would be able to provide some insight into what has worked for you, or what you as a consumer prefer?

Cheers

Angelo

Hello Angelo

What is your goal? To get more customers, to get more frequency? To make your customers ‘feel good’? Make sure you are clear about it.

In regards studies on loyalty cards, a well designed one does increases the frequency that people will spend as they get closer to their goal. Think of running a marathon, when the finish line is in sight, you usually run faster than half way through the race.

That said, I recommend to my clients that you set up your loyalty card so that the first square is already stamped. This is because people feel like they have already progressed part way to their goal, and studies have shown they are more likely to come back and spend more with you, in a shorter period of time, than if you put the reward at the end of the card.

I hope that helps.

PS the study I’m referring to is the US university coffee study.

Jenny

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

As a consumer I am definitely more likely to go back to the store where my loyalty card is.

I think that as a juice bar it is important to keep your clients coming rather than going elsewhere.

MilaniJuiceBar
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Thanks for all the great advice guys!

I guess my aim is twofold:

1. Increase sales
    2. Create a community

I guess, looking from a consumer point of view it’s great because you get a free juice.

For me, a main reason is because I actually do want to reward my loyal customers who keep coming back. I want them to know I value their business, and want to continue to provide a high quality service. Are there other ways of showing this, and adding greater value to my customers??

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

I love the idea of a pre- stamped loyalty card. This can then be used to attract new customers. Even if some comes in they can get their next one straight away which is a great incentive to come back earlier and it build loyalty up front rather that wait until the 5th or 5th juice.

Make sure you get their phone number so you can SMS them some deals from time to time.

But be careful not to over do this. Once a month would be good. Alternative you could give out loyalty cards when they like your Facebook page. This also helps to create your community.

PineapplePear
    • Total posts: 83
    Up

I like the loyalty card idea.

You could mix it up with say a size upgrade on their 5th order. (they might decide they like the bigger size and keep ordering that from then on in) or a free xx. You want to be encouraging them to try some of your other products or ranges too. The last one could be a free drink.

Maybe when they get their card, if they instagram their drink and # you, they can get a bonus stamp…

Lots of ideas you can play with

I like how bakers delight does theirs, you have a choice of a loaf of bread or 6 rolls. :)

AngusP
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    inkable, post: 183936 wrote:
    This is an interesting question. Personally if I am a frequent customer of any place I am interested in any loyalty programs that they might offer. I don’t think it needs to be too much, just something. Also there is some evidence to back this up.

Coincidently I was just reading an article about Amazon Primeand membership programs this morning. The author was quoting another author that we are programmed to maximise the benefits of membership clubs we have already joined.

“Prime members savored the service’s speed and reliability, and, Stone writes, they were inclined to spend more based on the “faintly irrational human impulse to maximize the benefits of a membership club one has already joined.”

http://www.wired.com/business/2014/02/amazon-prime-good-true/

Similarly I have found myself going to Starbucks alot more since I got a Starbucks card. The rewards aren’t event that great and I can’t say I am even a huge fan of their coffee or food. However it is convenient and I am getting a deal :)

Generally I would say don’t over think it too much. However if you really want to to get some valuable insight on this I think the best thing you can do is ask your current customers as to what might be most attractive to them.

Hope this helps!

Eric

I’m with you Eric, it doesn’t take much for me to favour a business because of their loyalty card. I have one for Mad Mex and make a point of going there just to get my 1 in 10 bonus.

Cheers

Angus Pryor
    http://www.galwijihomestead.com
    http://www.mysteryshoppingguide.com.au

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.