Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Customers Expectations (Online Sales)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anon
    • Total posts: 96
    Up
    ::

For those in online sales has anyone else noticed a huge change in customers expectations, especially over the last 12 months? More so in the unreasonable aspect? Such as, example, “I placed an order yesterday afternoon via express post and expected it to arrive today”. We never use to receive emails like this but now get them all a time. In this example, surely people must understand that packages don’t send automatically once they are placed and that they take some time to process.

Has anyone noticed customers are getting harder to please?

SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

That’s an interesting point you have, I guess it may be due to the fact that MORE people are shopping online now, so your typical demanding customers that you only used to see in retail stores have migrated online.

In addition the efficiency of deliveries has increased dramatically. If you look at new stores like the iconic and such guarantee same delivery if you are in Sydney metro if you place order before a certain time. There may be a spill over effect in expectations.

It may not be a bad thing – maybe for online stores at this stage, but AusPost needs a huge kick in the behind to increase efficiency of deliveries and reduce prices. I know there have been several threads in the forums stating how much we pay for postage – more than if we shipped something from overseas.

Would be great to continue hearing your experience and the experience from others.

Thanks for reading,

Wendy

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    Anon, post: 120730 wrote:
    For those in online sales has anyone else noticed a huge change in customers expectations, especially over the last 12 months? More so in the unreasonable aspect? Such as, example, “I placed an order yesterday afternoon via express post and expected it to arrive today”. We never use to receive emails like this but now get them all a time. In this example, surely people must understand that packages don’t send automatically once they are placed and that they take some time to process.

Has anyone noticed customers are getting harder to please?

It could have something to do with the industry.
    what products are you selling?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.