Home – New Forums Money matters Customs – how do I find out which category I fall into?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Niks
    • Total posts: 58
    Up
    ::

I’m wondering how I go about working out which category an item I’m looking to import falls into?

Do I need to speak to a customs broker for this? I’m a bit worried because it’s the weekend and I was hoping to sit down and work out a few figures this weekend, and I assume there won’t be anyone I can call until Monday

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Wow, nice query…

Not being an expert in shipping, although done a bit, i always rely on my shipping agents to assist me in catagorising ANYTHING i intend on bringing in as my items vary on occasion.

Although to be able to sit down this weekend you may also want to know the cost associated with shipping. This also would require an agent of sorts if you intend on bringing in something in volume.

I personally would advise drawing on some expertise from a broker who has qualifications and has been well schooled and versed in they customs mine field called red tape..

It appears i have mentioned this name a few times, although you could contact Cat who is on these boards that is a friendly broker.. look her up below, if she can assist or point you in the right direction i am sure she will.

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/members/cat-glc.html

Keep us advised, look forward to hearing about your venture.
    Jason

You could go to the govt web sites, although in all honesty a broker who knows there stuff will cut through the waste really quick and give you a very quick heads up…

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hey Niks

How did you travel with this post? and your investigation as to customs category?

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.