• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Civilised Addict
    • Total posts: 7

d

Maria Grant
    • Total posts: 24

Hey Nick,
    Congrats on your starting your business! I think the website has a nice look and feel to it, I like your photos and the colour scheme.
    Here is a list of desing changes I would make:
    1) Move “Join / Log In / Search” to the right (this where most people are used for those actions to be – feels more natural)
    2)If you can, make the menu (products, homepressed….) align with the margins of the page, right now its set to the center. and move it a little bit down from the top banner just a little bit)
    3)This is often a problem for ecommerce businesses – the name of your product should ideally fit in one line, (perhaps I would suggest in one line write the product name like what is it e.g Ceramic Dripper, then below in the smaller font write specification brand, size.
    4) Second slide text looks a little funny – (first one is good) perhaps make the font smaller?

These are just minor things but attention to detail is what make a good design great. Good luck! If you have any questions feel free to message.

Civilised Addict

Maria – you’re amazing! Excellent ideas, thank you so so much for your reply!

I will get cracking with making some alterations!

All of your advice has truly struck home! Thank you thank you!

Maria Grant

Glad I could help!

RichLucas
    • Total posts: 46

Hi Nick,

Again congrats on getting your idea online! I love real coffee also, to the point where I’d rather suffer a withdrawal headache than risk a bad brew.

Just had a quick scan of your website, Maria’s captured some great points already, perhaps the one thing I’d say is if it’s possible to move the product labels from the centre of your images to one of the corners you should consider doing it. People want to see your lovely products in all their glory. Your target market is likely educated coffee drinkers anyway (right?) so the image probably tells enough of the story to know what product category they need to look in without a central label.

All the best and hope this helps!

Civilised Addict

Maria and Rich – is the tea banner looking better?

Thanks for the advice rich, I’ll get onto changing it so that the text is 2px above the bottom of the promotional image, so the margins are nice and symmetric. Also the top banner features will be changed to the opposite sides as suggested.

Thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction

Cheers, Nick

RichLucas
    • Total posts: 46

Tea banner looks pretty sweet!

Maria Grant

That’s much better! By the way your mobile version looks good too!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.