Home – New Forums New here? Share your story dad offering me 24% of his company.help!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    leisureking70
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi there

My dad has a manufacturing/service company in NSW. I live in NZ currently. On a recent holiday there he said he wanted to offer me 24% of the business. I thought it was a good thing but then thought that its not that simple. He said he will talk to his accountant but seems to be mucking around. I want to get involved in the business but dont know what options I have at present. My dad is the sole director/owner. What possible ways/options could an accountant give him that would sway me to risk moving my family over from New Zealand? My end goal is to succeed in the business and eventually take over or use it to make my own way in the bizz world..Please help me…

jdyason
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    leisureking70, post: 25726 wrote:
    Hi there

My dad has a manufacturing/service company in NSW. I live in NZ currently. On a recent holiday there he said he wanted to offer me 24% of the business. I thought it was a good thing but then thought that its not that simple. He said he will talk to his accountant but seems to be mucking around. I want to get involved in the business but dont know what options I have at present. My dad is the sole director/owner. What possible ways/options could an accountant give him that would sway me to risk moving my family over from New Zealand? My end goal is to succeed in the business and eventually take over or use it to make my own way in the bizz world..Please help me…

I’m not an expert but If he is a sole trader then you can’t really share any portion of the business – hence sole trader. It may require that the business structure be changed. I’m sure other will correct me/clarify this.

My father would love to give me 24% of his debt!

JAD

leisureking70
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi Jad

Small world out there. My dads business is in the Hunter valley region. It is a company he has to be specific. Hope this helps with some advice out there.
    Thanks for your reply and look forward to more from the community.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.