Home – New Forums Money matters Debt Collection

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    allcreative
    • Total posts: 54
    Up
    ::

I never thought it would have to happen, however, I have engaged the services of a debt collection company (a legitimate company, not the baseball bat style).

It’s disheartening to know that sometimes measures like this have to resorted to, however, I guess it’s part of the game.

I’ve learnt alot from the whole process so I guess I’m now better equipped to help minimise the chance of needing to engage them again through improvement in some business systems.

Any one had to head down this road? How did it end up for you?

Heidi Price
    • Total posts: 218
    Up
    Leap Media, post: 4737 wrote:
    CarolineB
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

We’ve always taken the step to try and minimise people not paying, but no matter what you do, someone will always manage to get around it.

We have learnt that we have to invoice a job in stages and if one stage is not paid for, we don’t proceed any further until it is. We are now looking at asking a percentage fee upfront, as we invest a great deal of time at the inital process and then can wait some time to receive payment.

Many people don’t bother chasing up small amounts of unpaid invoices, although, if you add up those figures over time it’s probably quite scary what it amounts to.

In future, I will engage the services of a debt collector should accounts be outstanding for our terms and I congratulate you on you doing so.

allcreative
    • Total posts: 54
    Up

Hey Caroline, thanks for your reply.

I agree, small amounts are just not worth chasing and are better just written off. It’s only when the amounts are significant that it’s time to chase them up.

In this case, it’s a few thousand dollars, so definitely worth the time and effort.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.