Home – New Forums Other discussions Deleted threads

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up
    ::

Hello, don’t much get time to post stuff of late but I still read a fair bit. Decided to post on one today, the original post was perhaps a bit spammy (although it didn’t read too bad to me). Seems it got 3 responses and then was deleted. The follow up 3 posts were all good information.

I would guess spam is difficult to deal with and it’s totally understandable to delete questionable posts. However…. It feels disappointing to have one’s information/helpful post deleted along with it. It feels like a wasted effort and I don’t feel special anymore :)

A sorry we appreciate your addition to this thread but we are deleting it for xxxxx reasons, would make one feel special again. At of course the expense of your own labours.

Anyway, just a comment and thought….I don’t have a pressing need to feel special or anything, but if you’ve read how to win friends and influence people or some such equivalent…those books could say it better than I can :)

Thanks for reading!

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi John

Very sorry about this. Let me see what happened and report back. I know we had a little wave of spammy posts in the past 24 hours, I expect your comments did indeed disappear along with them.

I’ll talk to the mod team when they come on deck. We really value your input, you’re definitely special!

Robert

Robert Gerrish
    Up

Hi John

Me again. Yes I’m sorry to say a bit of trigger happy-ness did result in your genuine reply to a likely-to-be-ingenuine post, got zapped and permanently removed.

Many apologies again, there’s no excuse for not sending you a courteous note.

Please forgive this mistook.

Robert :)

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

Heya Robert,

Thanks for following up. Well I guess I understand everything takes time and you have to pick what gives you the most return on your time. So I can’t hold it against you :) I can only guess at the amount of spam you get and the costs of dealing with it

My main point I suppose was to let you guys know that deleting posts that people have invested time into can affect their warm and fuzzy towards the forum and I was more thinking of other people rather than just me (I’d be almost certain it’s happened).

Perhaps there is a vBulliten plug in that automatically emails participants in deleted threads.

Anyway just my thoughts
    Thanks Robert

Robert Gerrish
    Up

Thanks again for your understanding John.

Robert

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.