Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Delighting Customers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up
    ::

What do you do or have done that resulted in an extremely delighted customer / raving fan?

On the other hand, what have you experienced that made you delighted and you wished that every other business could do/offer the same.

I’ll give you 2 examples :

1. I refuse to charge for my service until and unless a prospects sees the value or makes enough profit to cover my fees. Some think i’m crazy for giving away “intellectual property” and not billing by the hour but love my risk free offer.

2. I went to “Top in Townn” indian take away in Brisbane and the proprietor treated us like a celebrity. He offers free samples and the sample size is huge. My kids were fussy and wouldn’t eat the food so he made another dish just for them – complimentary. This food is exquisite. Bmw food for the price of a toyota.

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

I do exactly what I say I’ll do – accurate transcription, on time.

In eight years I’ve never missed a deadline.

I don’t believe in freebies anymore. I learned the hard way that actually, giving away my services for free devalued my work and gave the wrong impression about my business (that I was desperate for work which couldn’t have been further from the truth). Also, people take advantage. Never again.

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

I don’t believe in freebies anymore. I learned the hard way that actually, giving away my services for free devalued my work and gave the wrong impression about my business (that I was desperate for work which couldn’t have been further from the truth). Also, people take advantage. Never again.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

That’s really impressive, Bridie.

I’ve done the opposite and been rewarded for it. I have people contacting me looking for a recipe from a particular magazine, I’ll copy it and email it to them. Out of the two occasions I’ve done this one customer then bought the magazine (but at least she had the recipe in time for her mother’s birthday) and the other one paid me for the recipe (more than the magazine would have cost).

I’ve gone over and above to ensure the customer gets the right copy of whatever book/magazine they need and they reward me by paying me more than I ask. I’m not making heaps of money but I am getting lots of thanks.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

That’s really impressive, Bridie.

I’ve done the opposite and been rewarded for it. I have people contacting me looking for a recipe from a particular magazine, I’ll copy it and email it to them. Out of the two occasions I’ve done this one customer then bought the magazine (but at least she had the recipe in time for her mother’s birthday) and the other one paid me for the recipe (more than the magazine would have cost).

I’ve gone over and above to ensure the customer gets the right copy of whatever book/magazine they need and they reward me by paying me more than I ask. I’m not making heaps of money but I am getting lots of thanks.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

Thanks for sharing. There is a lot we can learn from each other.

Most people wrongly assume that freebies is about giving away their valuable time. I dont’ do this (unless there is a good reason) and prefer to leverage information marketing.

Besides, freebies don’t generally work without a strong, well defined strategy.
    People only take advantage when there are no checks and balances in place (ie becoming a door mat) or when freebies are implemented as a tactic instead.

Just like fishing, you need to have the right bait, tool, time, location and boat.

Imagine fishing for a blue marlin at your local pond, with a string tied to a stick and anchovies as bait. you’re only going to get guppies (if any). don’t blame the guppies, string, stick or the pond.

If something doesn’t work, it’s more likely human errror or inexperience than anything else (in this case “freebies”).

Having said that, with the right strategy, one on one complimentary consulting still does work as a way to attract high value, long term paying clients. Before this can happen, one needs to have a strong understanding of optins, self liquidating offers and back end marketing.

For those interested, start by downloading this audiobook.

bridiej, post: 100739 wrote:

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

Thanks for sharing. There is a lot we can learn from each other.

Most people wrongly assume that freebies is about giving away their valuable time. I dont’ do this (unless there is a good reason) and prefer to leverage information marketing.

Besides, freebies don’t generally work without a strong, well defined strategy.
    People only take advantage when there are no checks and balances in place (ie becoming a door mat) or when freebies are implemented as a tactic instead.

Just like fishing, you need to have the right bait, tool, time, location and boat.

Imagine fishing for a blue marlin at your local pond, with a string tied to a stick and anchovies as bait. you’re only going to get guppies (if any). don’t blame the guppies, string, stick or the pond.

If something doesn’t work, it’s more likely human errror or inexperience than anything else (in this case “freebies”).

Having said that, with the right strategy, one on one complimentary consulting still does work as a way to attract high value, long term paying clients. Before this can happen, one needs to have a strong understanding of optins, self liquidating offers and back end marketing.

For those interested, start by downloading this audiobook.

bridiej, post: 100739 wrote:

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

With my caricature business deadlines are not missed – even if it means checking the email at 3am to get the work from the overseas artist, checking and sending on to another overseas customer.

Or finding a local printer in the USA that can do a print at 6pm so the customer can pick it up on their way home.

Or helping tease out a ‘can’t think of what I really need’ into a great idea for a great piece of art.

Oh, did I mention responding to emails in a timely fashion, even if that means starting work at 6am so USA east coast customers can get a response, and have time to respond and finalise that working day…yes I did on another thread.

BTW I also give customer service to my artists as well – it is too easy to forget your workers are customers as well.

King
    Up

With my caricature business deadlines are not missed – even if it means checking the email at 3am to get the work from the overseas artist, checking and sending on to another overseas customer.

Or finding a local printer in the USA that can do a print at 6pm so the customer can pick it up on their way home.

Or helping tease out a ‘can’t think of what I really need’ into a great idea for a great piece of art.

Oh, did I mention responding to emails in a timely fashion, even if that means starting work at 6am so USA east coast customers can get a response, and have time to respond and finalise that working day…yes I did on another thread.

BTW I also give customer service to my artists as well – it is too easy to forget your workers are customers as well.

King
    Up

1. I refuse to charge for my service until and unless a prospects sees the value or makes enough profit to cover my fees. Some think i’m crazy for giving away “intellectual property” and not billing by the hour but love my risk free offer.

Indeed, as long as any ‘giveaway’ has a value attached to it. Convey it as $x as a bonues etc.

King
    Up

Indeed, as long as any ‘giveaway’ has a value attached to it. Convey it as $x as a bonues etc.

UberCable
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

We go the extra mile with customer enquiries. Word-of-mouth advertising and repeat customers are the main driving force in our sales, so customer service is vital for success.

We’ve had quite a few people that we’ve spent a bit of time with, trying to work out what cable they needed (even if it is only a $5 or $10 cable) then express posting it to them the same day.

UberCable
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

We go the extra mile with customer enquiries. Word-of-mouth advertising and repeat customers are the main driving force in our sales, so customer service is vital for success.

We’ve had quite a few people that we’ve spent a bit of time with, trying to work out what cable they needed (even if it is only a $5 or $10 cable) then express posting it to them the same day.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

Exactly, i tend to value it according to what it’s done for others. Secondly. i don’t base my price on time, pages, etc. I i charge for value (not cheap) and deliver or just dont get paid. I prefer to work with fewer clients and make more than work on a wholesale model like others do (often unknowingly)

there is always a rip off element but a real business experiences this from employees, clients (Disputes and debt), suppliers, partners and ultimately themselves anyway (we steal our own time regularly).

The trick is to minimise time/revenue leakage and maximise lead generation/conversion.

King, post: 100757 wrote:
    Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

Exactly, i tend to value it according to what it’s done for others. Secondly. i don’t base my price on time, pages, etc. I i charge for value (not cheap) and deliver or just dont get paid. I prefer to work with fewer clients and make more than work on a wholesale model like others do (often unknowingly)

there is always a rip off element but a real business experiences this from employees, clients (Disputes and debt), suppliers, partners and ultimately themselves anyway (we steal our own time regularly).

The trick is to minimise time/revenue leakage and maximise lead generation/conversion.

King, post: 100757 wrote:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.