Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Deposit for Full payment?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DarianCulbert
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    ::

Hi my Soloists!

I am operating a tour company in Vietnam and we specialize in cruise trips in Halong Bay!
    Normally we accept only a deposit of 30% from our clients coming from overseas countries, and the balance (70%) will be paid on the cruises before check out (We are travel agent). But now, most of the cruises require full payment in advance before guests check in so we are thinking about asking for full payment from our clients too!
    But if you are a client and you have never worked with us before, do you feel comfortable to make full payment? What is the most important factor to convince clients to make full payment? We have reviews from old clients and we are also famous on the market!
    If you are a client, will you make full payment? why and why not please?

Thanks in advance for your comments!
    Darian

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

My husband and I have been on a few holidays. We’ve always had to make full payment before going away, usually a few months before the trip. So it isn’t unusual, at least here in Australia. We use the same travel agent over and over again so have gotten to know her and trust her.

It is about building trust and if you’re targetting the English speaking customer I encourage you to make sure your written English on your website is the best it can be, and perhaps develop some alliances with Travel Agents in English speaking countries (if that’s possible) to build rapport.

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

I would not have a problem with this – but then, I buy a heap of stuff online. It’s all about mitigating risk for people.

If you offered something like a 100% money back guarantee if the cruise is not “as advertised”, it may go some way to making people more comfortable. Also, be sure to put up lots of feedback from previous customers, preferably with a way to contact them, like their twitter handles – be sure to ask for permission. Anything to mitigate people’s perceived risk.

DarianCulbert
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

Thank you my lovely friends for your helpful advice!
    I did and my clients are happy with this!

Thanks again for your kind help!
    Darian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.