Home – New Forums Other discussions deregistered means

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    helen_w
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I have evicted my tenant from my residential property. He trashed the place and owes me rent. He tells me that I won’t get any money from him as he has deregistered his business. He runs an antiques shop. He is still trading from the premises. Is that possible?

VehicleMods
    • Total posts: 124
    Up
    helen_w, post: 73944 wrote:
    I have evicted my tenant from my residential property. He trashed the place and owes me rent. He tells me that I won’t get any money from him as he has deregistered his business. He runs an antiques shop. He is still trading from the premises. Is that possible?

Surely your lease was with the tenant personally? You would take action against him personally, not his business.

Each state has its own laws about evicting tenants and recovering bond/rent/damages. In QLD it is the Residential Tenancies Act so you will need to take some advice about the actions you take.

JanF
    • Total posts: 83
    Up
    helen_w, post: 73944 wrote:

My understanding is that you cannot legally trade under a deregistered business. If the business is a company, once it is deregistered all its assets fall to the Commonwealth.

I suggest you seek legal advise on this matter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.