Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Designer Labels

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Divya R
    • Total posts: 44
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I was browsing through some of the fashion websites and online stores and makes me wonder how many of you would rather spend very little and buy cheap clothes(don’t care about quality) or spend good money and buy excellent quality clothes?

If you are willing to spend a fair bit how much would be it be approximately?

Cheers

Divya R

marnieb
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

It really depends what I’m buying. I wouldn’t pay $120 for a t-shirt, even if it is a designer label, but I’d happily spend that on a nice coat, jacket or dress.

Paul B.
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

As a teenager I didn’t care what the item looked like or how much it cost as long as it was a brand name. These days I dont care what brand it is as long as it looks good and doesn’t cost alot – how times have changed :o.

The only time I would ever buy clothes online is if I tried them on in the shop first to make sure it was what I wanted. So I suppose I would more likely buy a ‘brand name’ online as it would be easily compared to tangible stock in shops. If you were selling unique ‘unknown’ items it is much more of a gamble for the consumer to commit to the item.

More often than not I just buy in the shop as it is significantly less hassle to buy the item ‘then and there’ and also less hassle to return the item if I change my mind.

Chris – Marketing
    • Total posts: 162
    Up

Hi
    As an ex manufacturer of top end fashion It all comes down to the marketing. If you can create a “have to have this item” or this item makes me feel real good then price is irrelivant. An example of this is when I went to a concert of a very popular Australian rock band and their t-shirts full color screen printed were selling to a long line of fans for $50.00. I could have these manufactured in Australia for around $10.00. At the rate they were selling I would say over 5000 were sold.
    If the same people purching needed a t-shirt for work I would say $15.00 would be too much.
    So create the interest in the brand and price is irrelivant. No branding = min price.

Chris Poulios
    http://www.satisfaction-marketing.com.au
    http://www.webthreads.com.au

ExecAccess
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

I shop for quality, not necessarily brand icons. I don’t mind spending more on a quality product.

My hubby however pretty much sticks to one brand for everyday clothing – he won’t go past Rodd & Gunn!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.