Home – New Forums Selling online Desperate Shopify help!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JLin
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys

I am currently hosting my website (absolutebargain.com.au) using shopify and integrated my checkout with Paypal.

When I do a checkout with Paypal and after entering the credit card details and go continue, it redirects me back to a Shopify Shipping and Payment Page!

Can anyone please tell me how I can keep it all within the Paypal page because it will really affect my sales conversion rate!

Many thanks

jlin88

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    JLin, post: 181035 wrote:
    Hi Guys

I am currently hosting my website (absolutebargain.com.au) using shopify and integrated my checkout with Paypal.

When I do a checkout with Paypal and after entering the credit card details and go continue, it redirects me back to a Shopify Shipping and Payment Page!

Can anyone please tell me how I can keep it all within the Paypal page because it will really affect my sales conversion rate!

Many thanks

jlin88

Shopify is using the standard PayPal Express Checkout API.

Using PayPal Express Checkout that is the way that it works you will not be able to change the process. PayPal will generally return with the account holders address details and populate the address and billing information.

Works the same on any cart system.

John

JLin
    Up

Hi John

Thanks for the response. Are there anyway around this problem such as changing the Checkout API from Shopify or select a different checkout service from Paypal instead of the express one?

Cheers

Jlin

John Debrincat, post: 181047 wrote:
    Shopify is using the standard PayPal Express Checkout API.

Using PayPal Express Checkout that is the way that it works you will not be able to change the process. PayPal will generally return with the account holders address details and populate the address and billing information.

Works the same on any cart system.

John

FetchBargain
    • Total posts: 62
    Up

Completely agree.. I think this is what paypal & shopify normally do….

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    JLin, post: 181061 wrote:
    Hi John

Thanks for the response. Are there anyway around this problem such as changing the Checkout API from Shopify or select a different checkout service from Paypal instead of the express one?

Cheers

Jlin

You could see if you can enable the standard PayPal checkout and not Express checkout. In our implementation of the API it is just a radio button to turn off Express checkout. But not sure how Shopify is setup sorry.

If you use PayPal standard it will go through the full set of checkout steps on your store and go to PayPal when you get to payment. I have seen other Shopify stores work that way so it must be possible.

Talk to their support if they are awake.

Good luck.

John

JLin
    Up

Hi John

Thanks for that information. I’ve contacted Paypal and they said I can try the Standard payment but I Shopify says it will not work.

I guess I just need to try it out and see! Thanks again John.

jlin88

John Debrincat, post: 181064 wrote:
    You could see if you can enable the standard PayPal checkout and not Express checkout. In our implementation of the API it is just a radio button to turn off Express checkout. But not sure how Shopify is setup sorry.

If you use PayPal standard it will go through the full set of checkout steps on your store and go to PayPal when you get to payment. I have seen other Shopify stores work that way so it must be possible.

Talk to their support if they are awake.

Good luck.

John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.