Home – New Forums Find the help you need Desperately Seeking Writers …

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up
    ::

***Thanks for all enquiries. Job finished.****

Rachel Reeves
    • Total posts: 148
    Up

Hi Leela,

What sort of topics would your writers normally cover?

LeelaCosgrove
    Up

Sheesh … EVERYTHING …

From mutual funds to day trading to perfume to making money online to personal development to professional development to sales and marketing to purchasing property to finance to women …

The list is pretty much endless …

I’ve got a LOT of clients in a LOT of different industries!

Americo
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi Leela,

I wasn’t sure if you are still looking for people, however, I currently provide a similar service to another group based in Queensland. My area of expertise is in financial planning and I consider my writing skills to be very good. This group also has a number of other qualified and experienced writers who sub-contract to them if you’re interested. I can put you in touch if you like or I’d be more than happy to have a discussion with you.

Kind regards

Americo Donato
    [email protected]
    http://www.biteonline.com.au

paddo65
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi Leela,

I’m not sure if I can help but I have written a couple of articles on travel. I’m not a writer per se, but would be happy to send you an article for you to look over. The feeback would be good in any case.
    Just drop me a line if you would like me to send it through to you.
    Patrick

hharch
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    LeelaCosgrove, post: 5772 wrote:
    To sub-contract work to.

We are overloaded at the moment and I’m seriously struggling to find GOOD writers to help out with the workload (I haven no problems finding people who can’t write to save their lives … would you believe I was recently submitted an article where the writer had used ‘u’ instead of you?? AND she expected to be paid for it … ). I am SO better at sales and marketing than at recruitment!

If you know anyone or if you’re good at stringing a sentence together, please give me a HOY!

[email protected]

Ahoy!

ricdan1985
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi Leela,

Just sent an e-mail off seeing if you still had an overload of articles to write.

Let me know if interested in having someone who can string two sentences together.

Rick D’Andrea

The Cafe Ninja
    • Total posts: 124
    Up

Hi Rick, I never got a reply to my e-mail so I think she must have enough…

ricdan1985
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    The Process Ninja, post: 11908 wrote:
    Hi Rick, I never got a reply to my e-mail so I think she must have enough…

Never did I…time to move on

LeelaCosgrove
    Up

Hi guys,

Sorry – I’ve been flat out for the last four months organising our Over your Business Bootcamp event which is happening next weekend – I literally haven’t had a chance to do anything else (I haven’t spoken to my mother in 3.5 months … she sent me a text the other day asking if I was alive) … that said, post the Bootcamp we’ll be looking to take on a lot more writers – we’ve got a fully automated website just about finished which will allow us to take on 100-200 writers at a time – exponentially increasing our bandwith … I have not forgotten any of you and we’ll be in contact the moment I have the ability to breathe again … (who’s stupid idea was it to put on a 3 day event?!?!?)

SteveDavidson
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

Sounds like it might be something fun to fill in the odd hours here and there. I already write occasional articles for an IT Service Desk industry publication, and haven’t had any problems getting those published as long as I followed the house style. I’m guessing this might be similar?

goodwisj
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    LeelaCosgrove, post: 11934 wrote:
    Hi guys,

Sorry – I’ve been flat out for the last four months organising our Over your Business Bootcamp event which is happening next weekend – I literally haven’t had a chance to do anything else (I haven’t spoken to my mother in 3.5 months … she sent me a text the other day asking if I was alive) … that said, post the Bootcamp we’ll be looking to take on a lot more writers – we’ve got a fully automated website just about finished which will allow us to take on 100-200 writers at a time – exponentially increasing our bandwith … I have not forgotten any of you and we’ll be in contact the moment I have the ability to breathe again … (who’s stupid idea was it to put on a 3 day event?!?!?)

Hey Leela,

Would be happy to offer – qualification areas are Aircraft Engineering, Nursing, IT, Project Management and some business….

Would gladly do a test-piece for you to see if my linguistic style would suit your audience.

Cheers

Steve

lizzdizz
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Leela,

I have a background in media and more recently, financial services. I also do food reviews; mainly cafes, restaurants and bars. Would love to assist you if I can.

Good luck with the bootcamp!

Lizz.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

I guess the most important part – I assume you pay at or near industry (Australian Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance) rates?

Back in 2005 this was:
    1000 words or less $747.00
    75c per word thereafter

Or would people be working for Indian/Asian rates?

LeelaCosgrove
    Up

Far better than Indian / Asian rates – but honestly, no – not anywhere near “industry standard” (PFT! Who came up with THAT industry standard? I’ve been writing professionally for 5 years and I’ve never seen a business who is willing to pay that much – the most I’ve ever been paid for a 1,000 word article is $450 – and that was because there was a bidding war amongst 3 different people who wanted to buy it. Typical unions and their being totally out of touch with reality.).

Our ideal writers are people who are looking to fill in gaps in their current work time (or project managers who want to work full-time, I’ve got roles going at $60 / hour for project managers). The reason for this is even when the pay isn’t incredibly high, I have a huge VOLUME of work – so if you’ve got a few hours in your day that need to be filled this is a good way to fill them up and get paid for them.

Article writing can be anywhere from $10 for 300 word crappy SEO articles (which normally take about 15 minutes to write) to $45-$60 for well written 600 word articles, to $20 / page for editing work … it really varies from job to job and depends on how well people write – the better they are, the less training they need, the less editing their articles need, the more I can pay.

These are entry rates – the advanced work is different … I pay far higher for our high level work – but for that I need people who are specifically trained – not just good writers, but people who understand sales and marketing and who preferably have a background in the creation of continuity programs and other information products.

*** Just a note to the people who always want to crack it when they read these rates: feel free NOT to work for me if you don’t like the payment structure. I have to keep my company competitive, keep my writers in work and turn a profit – I never lie about the rates I offer – everyone goes in with their eyes open.

Anyone else who is interested – the new website will be launched in about four weeks time – we’ll be the Australian version of Demand Studios (which only takes on US writers) – and will be looking for people with a variety of skills to freelance for us … the goal is to expand and automate the writing services that BWA provides, so that it’s possible to stay in Australia and get GREAT writing at a reasonable price.

That said – this site is for the creation of SEO articles and basic article marketing articles.

If you’re looking for, say, ghostwriting – we have some of the top (bestselling) ghostwriters in the world working with us … and as you would expect, prices start around the typical $30,000 for a book.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.