Home – New Forums Selling online Developing relationships with effective affiliates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Quotenamic
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

What are some off-the-wall ideas that people have explored with a view to setting up super effective affiliate relationships? Our affiliate program is going well but it’s primarily organic or personal network based at the moment and I’d really like to give it a shot in the arm.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Quotenamic,
    This is not really my area, but I know there a quite a lot of sites that list affiliate programs for others to take on board (a bit like directories) which can help you reach a wider audience but you’ve possibly already done that.
    I do think developing a network of personal/organic sellers might just convert better in the long-term?
    All the best
    Peter

Quotenamic
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

That has been our approach so far, Peter. To be very selective and individually reach out to influencers that are appropriate to the niche then to personally work with them to grow their business and ours. The reason for my post (and I’m sorry for the late reply, I’m up in Asia at the moment) was to see if anyone had any super creative ideas outside of that.

The issue I have with listing on directory sites is that I really want to personally curate the affiliates that come on board. For two reasons, one being brand protection and the other being that I don’t want to end up with a huge database of affiliates that are doing nothing.

I’ve been considering buying some spots in mailing lists as another potential growth vector but, once again, it’s about a laser focus.

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

You are right to want to do that Quotenamic. I did have an affiliate program a few years ago which, unfortunately, was accessed by credit card scammers and I lost a lot of money. I shut down my shop and the affiliate program (which had been personally written for my website) and just didn’t do anything further. I now want to venture into setting up an affiliate program again, selling my own products and maybe that of others but need to find a suitable program. What are you using?

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

I’ve now signed up with iDevAffiliate and have got affiliates signed up. Waiting to see how it progresses.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 255143, member: 66 wrote:
    I’ve now signed up with iDevAffiliate and have got affiliates signed up. Waiting to see how it progresses.

Thanks for the update [USER=7452]@Kathie M. Thomas[/USER] . I’d be really interested to hear how it goes. Not that I’ve ever given it a huge push, but I’ve never been that encouraged by my experiments with affiliate marketing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.