Home – New Forums Other discussions Did anyone else got this email? (Help Needed for Google Penalty. Response Requested.)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    help4bis.com
    • Total posts: 268
    Up
    ::

Hello,

Got this email…
    ==========================================================
    We wish to thank you for linking to our site http://www.icontact.com/ from http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/sales-marketing/1902-email-marketing-software-icontact.html. Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that this link may be against Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. It is important for us to bring our site into compliance, as we have been penalized by Google.

Please remove our link from this page and any other page on your site.

Thank you,
    Jamie

Not a big thing really but what got me stumped is:
    1. I have not linked to the site mentioned
    2. I have not participated in the post, to the best of my knowledge

Yet I get the email, so how did that happen?
    Anybody else go this?

kangaroojosh
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

Re: Did anyone else got this email? (Help Needed for Google Penalty. Response Request

help4bis.com, post: 197408 wrote:
    Hello,

Got this email…
    We wish to thank you for linking to our site http://www.icontact.com/ from http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/sales-marketing/1902-email-marketing-software-icontact.html. Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that this link may be against Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. It is important for us to bring our site into compliance, as we have been penalized by Google.

Please remove our link from this page and any other page on your site.

Thank you,
    Jamie

Not a big thing really but what got me stumped is:
    1. I have not linked to the site mentioned
    2. I have not participated in the post, to the best of my knowledge

Yet I get the email, so how did that happen?
    Anybody else go this?

Jaime,

i have not got such an email but I know the issue and what it is regarding as I know a friend who has encountered the same situation. Basically they are trying to removal all non related backlinks to their website and requesting link removal.

simply reply to them and ask for the page from which they are saying you are linking and then navigate to that page and remove the link if you link to, otherwise just tell them you dont link back.

cheers
    Josh

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Re: Did anyone else got this email? (Help Needed for Google Penalty. Response Request

Scam

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Can’t work out why they would send this email to you – was a thread from 2009 :) ?
    We do get a few of these requests where people want links removed but didn’t see anything about this one.
    In any case, I’ve deleted the link!
    Cheers
    Peter

John Templeton
    • Total posts: 65
    Up

Admin, was this legit? Just curious if it was a scam that happened to target FS.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi John,
    We didn’t hear any further reports on this so possibly just mistaken identity.
    We do get emails along these lines from time to time from companies wanting to clean up old links, so I don’t think anything sinister.
    Cheers
    Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.