Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Did Facebook Adverts work for your business?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Hassle Free Website
    • Total posts: 108
    Up
    ::

Wanted to ask if you might be able to share some of your Facebook advert success stories or where it didn’t quite work for your business?

In the upcoming weeks, I’m going to try it out and thought it would be best to ask people who have actually used them.

I’m thinking the best way to run an advert is to link it to a landing page to reinforce the advert with a final call to action.

Looking at Facebook adverts I can also target a specific region so will apply that too as I’ll be focusing on rural areas.

MCoWebsiteDesign
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Absolutely, massive success. Do not advertise your primary service. Use info lead magnets in exchange for emails or in messenger bots, or use loss leading services, then make money on the backend…when you have already shown value and you are reliable. Get lots of people in the front end and the backend will balloon 2 months later. Im so successful now theough ads that I no longer do websites….its all ads. good luck

BettyK
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Facebook is a great opportunity to advertise your product at a low price ie from $1 per day capturing the demographics you are after. It works for B2B but probably better for reaching B2C.

It’s important to have a good landing page as you mentioned, also have a look at FB’s “canvas” tool and also their leads tool for collecting leads. It’s a very powerful advertising platform so make sure you do a few of FB’s online courses to make the most of it’s capabilities or look at Lynda.com or some Youtubes to get the jist of some of the functions.

Juice Digital
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Hassle Free Website,

I thought you might be interested in an article I wrote about a successful Facebook marketing system to Build your brand, Build authority in your market and convert cold prospects into customers.

https://www.juicedigital.com.au/the-busy-entrepreneurs-6-step-blueprint-to-facebook-ad-success/

The approach you mentioned is a fairly typical one that many entrepreneurs try and usually they get very limited results then get disappointed in Facebook Ads. The opportunity with Facebook ads continues to be massive for business in 2018. Its very easy to do Facebook ads, but they’re hard and time consuming to do well.

Always happy to chat if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Ben.

Hassle Free Website
    Up
    MCoWebsiteDesign, post: 256265, member: 89106 wrote:
    Absolutely, massive success. Do not advertise your primary service.

This is interesting.

So are you saying, don’t promote a hassle free website but just get people to say sign up for 5 hot website tips etc? Try to build up an email list for example’s sake?

VikasRana
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

I think the idea is to get warm leads rather than straight selling your service on Facebook ad. Create a resource (eBook, master blog, tool etc) and give it away free in the Facebook ad. Get their emails and try to reach out to them with your newsletters. This way you at least have warm leads rather than cold calling.

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

Very much agree with the optin offer via facebook advertising. When you compare to Google where it’s an “intent driven audience”, i.e. they have intent to solve or find an answer to their problem, where as Facebook is more demographics based and the reasons for why someone is browsing facebook is much harder to identify (catching up with friends, entertainment, bored) etc.

So I think with Facebook trying to get them from “entertainment” mode into “buying mode” is quite challenging especially for a serviced or b2b based business and that’s where I think the optin is better place. Build your list and put out regular email marketing to turn them from warm to hot.

In saying that It’s not to say that a more direct advert couldn’t have success either but I think doing it yourself is probably the fastest path to disappointment. Although it’s easy to setup, I think you really need to know your target customer and be experienced at defining your target audience / offer in facebook if you’re really going to drive a result.

Hassle Free Website
    Up

I think I’ll go with something along the lines of a discount or a “cold call” approach.

With some clever copy and an engaging graphic, it might just be a faster track to impress/connect with a particular audience.

OperiteMichelle
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Don’t forget about Boosted Posts. These can work well depending on the content.

Hassle Free Website
    Up

Well, I’ve started with one boost/advert to start creating awareness of my service:

https://www.facebook.com/HassleFreeWebsite/photos/a.1743031459123328.1073741828.1636526406440501/1743031249123349/?type=3&theater

Will start to think of a few more strategies later one. This has started more people looking at my website so far.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    Hassle Free Website, post: 258447, member: 105019 wrote:
    Well I’ve started with one boost/advert to start creating awareness of my service:

https://www.facebook.com/HassleFreeWebsite/photos/a.1743031459123328.1073741828.1636526406440501/1743031249123349/?type=3&theater

Will start to think of a few more stragticones later one. This has started more people looking at my website so far.
    Thank you for sharing an actual example.

Hassle Free Website
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 258459, member: 78928 wrote:
    Thank you for sharing an actual example.

It’s not the most exciting one but I thought I just got to start somewhere and learn along the way.

I’m starting a list of other ideas now and trying to be a bit more strategic. That meaning what would the outcomes I would like to achieve by having the advert and how I can try to make it happen.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Hassle Free Website, post: 258447, member: 105019 wrote:
    Well, I’ve started with one boost/advert to start creating awareness of my service:

Will start to think of a few more strategies later one. This has started more people looking at my website so far.

Just a suggestion if you are going to pay to send people to your website, send them to a page with updated, not 12 months old information on it, just looks more professional, you don’t want to get people there and go away because of old stuff

Hassle Free Website
    Up
    bb1, post: 258461, member: 53375 wrote:
    Just a suggestion if you are going to pay to send people to your website, send them to a page with updated, not 12 months old information on it,

I see what you are saying, my mistake, date is 18, not 17, updated that now and thanks for the attention to detail.

karensaid
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

FB ADS work if you know what your doing. We all know the power of FB ability to drill down, but I agree with well know member above in terms it’s challenging to send people directly to your page, it has to be an offer or a HEADLINE compelling enough to click on and the question presented without offending you, is not compelling enough. The arrival on the page and the content didn’t inspire an action. Please know I’m coming from a “help you space” not negative.

Have you ever tried planning out an ASK CAMPAIGN. And potentially running ADS to that page, lead capture of course, and responding with a content packed response. A little more work of course, but greatness doesn’t come easy.

Ask campaign about their (SME) struggles to get their business online via a website, sales funnel, FB page or whatever. Example “where are you stuck?”.

What I see a lot is simple questions by SME ‘going unanswered” where you would be able to answer easily, inside out. Be the expert they can turn to, will want to turn to.

Questions like “what is web hosting?”, “what is a domain name?” “How will I get traffic to my site?” “What ROI will I see after paying for a website?” and much more but you get the idea.

Of course they can google these but where is the personal connection in that? Give them what they want, they will tell you, equals trust and value delivered to them from you. Easier conversions into paying clients.

They want reassurance to take that leap, that next step because for most, even still in 2018, doubt resides about how to get online. Show them the light because I can tell by your business website, you know your stuff! So use that to help them, help you.

All the best. There are plenty of excellent FB courses out there for local targeting, maybe someone could suggest one. I wouldn’t overthink this, just take imperfect action and tweak as you go along. The data should lead. :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.