Home – New Forums Tech talk Digital signatures on PDF

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Wineberg
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    ::

Hi,

Accountants waste a lot of paper (even paperless offices). I want to take my paperless office one step further. I want to email copies of Electronic Lodgment Declarations, Financial Statements, etc. to my clients and have them sign and return the document without printing. I know this is possible because I have done this with some other companies.
    I have seen a couple of these digital signing options on the internet and it can be up to $40 per month to have this running. With the number of documents I am going to be sedning I can not justify this. Is there a program I can buy which does this for a one off fee, or is there a free version of this product. Most of the free versions I have seen allow 3 signatures per month. I will be doing more than that, but I want to know if these is a more cost effective way to do this.

Thanks

Paul

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Although Acrobat Standard and Professional is not free, the Adobe Reader is.
    If you purchase Acrobat, then your clients only need Adobe Reader X and higher.

How to digitally sign with Adobe Reader 10 (Video)
    http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-acrobat-x/how-to-digitally-sign-a-document-with-adobe-reader/

Let anyone sign your PDF files using free Adobe Reader

Anyone can use free Adobe Reader software to view PDF files, validate digital signatures, and verify document certification. Acrobat X Pro also lets you enable Reader users to digitally sign PDF documents and forms.
    http://www.adobe.com/au/products/acrobatpro/pdf-digital-electronic-signatures.html

Cheers.

Paul Wineberg
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

Thanks for your feedback Karen. That looks like a better option than paying a monthly fee!

Regards,

Paul

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.