Home – New Forums Selling online Dipping my toe in the online puddle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ImCraig
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi people. I’ve just started an online store selling men’s accessories and the whole back end of this world is new to me. I’ve learned heaps already but I need to learn heaps more and would appreciate any feedback you can give me on my site. The link is in my signature and feel free to be as harsh as you like, my skin is thicker than an elephants.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

I think it looks good.

just 2 questions, and they both relate to the Mens cotton socks.

1. I am guessing I can buy just one pair (it doesn’t say any minimum quantity order), so you will be loosing money.

2. I find it very odd that pricing is $3.04, $3.06, 3.20, etc, etc. It makes it confusing for the purchaser and it just looks messy, why don’t you just average out the price, and have one value.

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

You lost me as soon as I landed. Within 5 seconds I had very little idea of what you were selling or who your target market was.

You should have 10x quality photos as a hero image.

“Quality men’s fashion accessories for real men”
    “Fast and Easy Online shopping for men that hate shopping centres”
    “Shop NOW”

I’m not a fan of the logo – feels like you’d be selling gothic / grunge products.

Your unique selling propositions need to be better shown (see the iconic) Free Delivery Australia Wide, 30 day returns, priority shipping, call XXXX XXX XXX

SEO is a necessity but it’s also incredibly competitive in this space. You’ve ignored SEO at this point and your site needs some serious work.

Online stores are very much based on trust. If I don’t trust your site then I’m not going to spend with you, simple as that. There’s no way I’d give my credit card to someone I don’t trust. The site just doesn’t have enough trust indicators for me to feel like your store is a legitimate store to buy from.

You need testimonials, reviews, security logos, brands you work with (if any), terms and conditions, privacy policies etc etc.

hope that helps

ImCraig
    Up

Great thank you very much. BB1 I will fix that pricing error. I thought I had got them all but have missed that one so it will be changed.
    Byron – They are all excellent points and I am making those changes. Except for the logo, being a designer I always field test my logos and that one got the best feedback from my target market. As for SEO, that is the part I am struggling with the most. I have decided to hire someone but finding a reputable person that doesn’t have all the claims under the sun is difficult.

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

Hey Craig,

I love it, the black and white is really strong and I do love the name.

My only comments would be about your menus

1) You should have links to your refund policy, privacy policy, terms of service etc. in your footer. (or somewhere) I can see they’re in your checkout, but my understanding is that they should be accessible from everywhere otherwise your payment gateway might take exception.
    edit : actually just noticed you have two copies of each, one in your FAQ and one as a separate page.
    e.g. https://iamman.net.au/pages/faqs and https://iamman.net.au/22350695/policies/38982036.html
    Maybe combine them then.

2) Just a personal preference, I’d prefer your product categories to be top menu items, rather than hidden under a ‘products’ menu item. I’d stick the about,blog and faqs items in your footer.

Other than that, I like it. The site is fast and clear.

Adam Martelletti
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

Agree with [USER=20554]@JohnTranter[/USER] you need your policies in the footer. If you want good knowledge on e-commerce follow a guy called Ezra Firestone he has a heap of free and paid stuff all around Shopify stores.

ImCraig
    Up

Thanks very much Adam and John. I’ll be taking your suggestions on board and making some changes. I’ve got some work to do.
    I am recently divorced and living week to week at the moment. Thought this would be a quick, cheap way of making extra money. I was very wrong. But I am sticking with it and putting in the time it needs to get off the ground. All your advice is greatly appreciated.

Adam Martelletti
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

No problems at all, I hate to say it but there is no such thing as a quick, cheap way of making money.

Unfortunately, e-commerce takes time and money to build I assume you have set this up as a drop ship model?

Social media and eBay might be your cheapest way to get buyers, spending on google adwords would be costly and your website is a long way off from converting customers.

A lot of people assume when they have visitors come to site they will convert to customers it takes a lot more than that these days people don’t just buy from any website, so you need to look at your competition to see how you stand out from them.

I saw you had free shipping advertised but it took a while for it to scroll through the image slider, I would be throwing some security into that free shipping. Countdown timer or purchase over XX for a limited time etc.

Your money is in the list and recurring buyers. Usually, the first purchase would be some profit at least break even then you generate income of their second purchase.

alltheus
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Also just exploring the “online puddle” so will watch your journey with interest ImCraig.. and maybe buy some sox :-)

Some gr8 pointers too thanks soloists

All the best
    Mark

beadlovehoni
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

hi there. i am currently creating my website from shopify and i joined an fb group for newbies to shopify. what the “seniors” would suggest is to remove “powered by shopify” in the footer.
    After checking your website, I reckon it is better (whilst already in FAQs) to have separate pages for Privacy Policy, Refund Policy, Shipping Policy.
    Goodluck.
    :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.