• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    qldautomation
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi, we have not long ago started a Building Automation company also doing security and CCTV cameras. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can expand our customer base? Because we deal with shopping centres trying to get a foot in the door is so hard. Any ideas??? By the way Building Automation is commercial air-conditioning. Maintaining and making sure that the air-conditioning is working effectivley.

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up
    qldautomation, post: 26647 wrote:
    Hi, we have not long ago started a Building Automation company also doing security and CCTV cameras. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can expand our customer base? Because we deal with shopping centres trying to get a foot in the door is so hard. Any ideas??? By the way Building Automation is commercial air-conditioning. Maintaining and making sure that the air-conditioning is working effectivley.

Welcome to the forum.

Can you let us know what you find hard about getting in to shopping centres so we can see if there are different ways?

Also, are there other places who can use your systems – offices, schools, gyms, pools etc?

Kevin

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Go into the Managers Office and talk with head of maintenance, let him know who you are and what your about leave a brochure or two and follow up with regular visits.

The maintenance of CCTV in shopping centres is a very competitive field so you have to demonstrate that you are every bit as good if not better than the crowd they have in.

My son is involved in this industry and has recently moved from an organisation that has many of the shopping complexes in Sydney. He left a small company that if it wants to grow will have to change its attitude to technicians, but he has joined a small operation that appreciate the work the techs do.

Bide your time and keep calling on the Maintenance manager of the shopping centres in your area large and small also look at other retail and office complexes. Once you get a foot in at any of these your reputation will almost get you work in the most unlikely places.

Its about getting known and showing your face regularly is on of the best methods I know…..Good luck

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Good one Burgo,

As you mentioned that, I was just thinking of offices in Sydney where I have worked. We have had problems with aircon-maintenance people a few times, and it took a couple of goes before we got good ones. We were a tenant and I am sure we had to do the aircon ourselves due to a refurb?

Anyway, I use a marketing system for my IT business (and for my resellers who are IT support), and one of the key points they make is that “before you are working for a customer, nobody knows how good you are – they only know how good your marketing is”. They provide a range of sample materials that we all use, and one of the best ones is a letter called the Bad Date Letter, and the key concept and headline is “Is Your Computer Guy Treating You Like a Bad Date”. I know that these letters get stored by potential customers until needed. I would bet the same works for other maintenance businesses…

Kev

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.