Home – New Forums Marketing mastery DIY Websites

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    exstatic
    • Total posts: 335
    Up
    ::
    Adam Randall, post: 10490 wrote:
    Sorry but thats just not possible, 20 mins or less, pull the other one……

For a start it takes up to 24 hours for a domain name to propogate through the internet.

Taking propagation out of it – that’s something none of us can control unless we pre-own the domains.

I am talking actual working time, not waiting time.

A client of mine actually did it today. All they had to do was to choose a site design, what pages they needed and pasted all the information and photos in they wanted.. and they were good to go.

Sure its not as flexible a solution as a custom site, but they aren’t necessarily paying for flexibility and options, they are paying for convenience and ease of use, hence the lower cost to implement.

Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up
    ::
    exstatic, post: 10503 wrote:
    Taking propagation out of it – that’s something none of us can control unless we pre-own the domains.

I am talking actual working time, not waiting time.

A client of mine actually did it today. All they had to do was to choose a site design, what pages they needed and pasted all the information and photos in they wanted.. and they were good to go.

Sure its not as flexible a solution as a custom site, but they aren’t necessarily paying for flexibility and options, they are paying for convenience and ease of use, hence the lower cost to implement.

Can you give us an example of a 20 min web site? I just cannot get my head around how someone can create a web site in 20 mins. Even checking that a domain name exists and registering it & setting it up takes longer than 20 mins and thats before any real work has even begun.

Does it include phone calls and conversations with the client as to what they actually want?

I often speak with clients and often one phone call will be well over 20 mins.

Do you create the Logos for them?

I could load a default template, change a bit of text, upload and point the domain name at the site and even then, even with no other work, it would of taken me longer than 20 mins, that excludes any form of conversation with the client of course.

Of course maybe I am living in the past and there are better ways of doing things, its happened once or twice before……… Maybe I should become an accountant or solicitor, it would be nice doing something where the rules do not to change so fast.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.