Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Do I need a Graphic Designer or Printer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    GlamBamThankyouMa’am
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

I have designed my own logo (one word, font, very simple) and I have a diagram drawn of how I want the label to be.

At this stage of the game, I just want to start basic and submit what I have to someone who will “vectorise” it and give me copies on Illustrator files or whatever so that I can use them for label orders, stamps etc.

Who would I ask for? A graphic designer or printer or someone else?

I don’t want to have to go through the process of signing up with a firm, buying a package, etc etc. I know what I want, I just don’t have the desktop publishing skills to get them realised in print.

Could anyone help? Thanks :)

Tracey G
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

Talk to a Graphic Designer. Describe in detail the work that you need done and the file format(s) that you need from them. Ask them how much it will cost to get the design turned into a logo (‘vectorised’ as you say). They will likely charge you for the working (Illustrator) file(s) as well as for the work done.

I know what I want, I just don’t have the desktop publishing skills to get them realised in print.

In this case it would be a good idea to get the Graphic Designer to create your labels, stamps and other things like business cards if needed. A Graphic Designer can do this kind of work quickly and will prepare the artwork professionally to meet the printer’s needs (if it hasn’t been prepared properly, the printers will have to do it for you so you’ll have to pay to get it done regardless).

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

You require a graphic designer for what you’ve described, and it sounds like a quick and easy job.

Some printers have in-house designers, and many designers work closely with printers so it’s not hard to find a one-stop-shop which will make the process nice and easy.

I’d be happy to give you a quote if you’d like.

GlamBamThankyouMa’am
    Up

Well. I approached a few graphic designers.
    The quotes ranging from $200 onwards did not include Illustrator files as I “didn’t need those”.

Hmmmm….guess I should look for a course and learn how to use Illustrator.

lol.

Thanks guys.

bluepenguin
    Up

Unless the scope of the job is more than your original post made it out to be, $200 sound a bit steep.

Some designers can be a little paranoid about giving clients the native Ai files for various reasons, some like to hold their clients to ransom with them – but I wouldn’t pay for a logo without getting them as you’ll likely need to get hold of them later down the track.

ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253
    Up

Have you looked at fiverr??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlamBamThankyouMa’am
    Up

They don’t do what I need. Thanks anyway.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Here’s what you need:

https://studio.envato.com/explore/logo-design

One of the cheaper options here should do the trick.

Dave

GlamBamThankyouMa’am
    Up

THANK YOU!!!

A logo redraw! That’s all I wanted! And not for an ultra cheap price but a fair one! And they supply AI files AND give you copyright!

In three of my quotes I was given the terms and conditions which clearly stated that I would not receive AI files and that ownership would be retained by the business.

(“All original and editable artwork will be retained by the business. These files are not available for clients to make any personal modifications themselves.”)

Even though the design was mine. When I queried this on one, I was told that when they vectorised the design it became theirs. Er…no.

On another there was this: “Once the client has accepted the final design, any future modifications will only be carried out by [the graphic designer] and will incur additional fees..” This isn’t a service, it’s an indenture.

If anything, this exercise has taught me a lot about how to protect my own work and to read the fine print.

Thanks heaps, Dave! xxx

GlamBamThankyouMa’am
    Up

Steve, happy to contact you re my printing needs. :)

bluepenguin
    Up
    GlamBamThankyouMa’am, post: 211668 wrote:
    Steve, happy to contact you re my printing needs. :)

Please do. I may even throw in a free logo redraw if you’re lucky!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.