Home – New Forums Tech talk Do I really need to worry about SEO & Position

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Cesar
    • Total posts: 591
    Up
    ::
    bluepenguin, post: 100213 wrote:
    Enter: My plan for World domination.
    While everyone’s out researching keywords and building backlinks, I’m gonna put on a nice shirt, meet their customers in person, buy them a beer and win. ;)

One of the smartest replies I’ve seen. There seems to be a lot of individuals with the perception that being at the top of Google, social marketing and websites e.t.c is the key to business success. How wrong they are!!! Get back to reality people and realise that the building-blocks of a successful business is not Internet based.

wizseoservicesaustralia
    • Total posts: 59
    Up
    WAHE, post: 100249 wrote:
    One of the smartest replies I’ve seen. There seems to be a lot of individuals with the perception that being at the top of Google, social marketing and websites e.t.c is the key to business success. How wrong they are!!! Get back to reality people and realise that the building-blocks of a successful business is not Internet based.

Hi WAHE,

This perception is of old days. When technology and internet was not or new for people. Now everyone saves time and just google any thing they want. If they are looking for anything/product/service. They just google it and find out what they want. Even they can view all similar products/services provided by different companies and they can decide what they should buy or not. Even they can get better with less price. But if they have to go in the market and then they will go to only one shop and will buy or not but they will not know they could get better at low cost if they compare/search that product/service with others. But in they market they can’t do this and it would be wasting lot of time.

But today thanks to internet, now people can view and compare any product they are interested in and it helps them to buy right product. This is what SEO does. It brings right product/services at top which people are looking for. It does not only benefit to seller but ultimately it also benefit to customers.

wizseoservicesaustralia
    • Total posts: 59
    Up
    WAHE, post: 100249 wrote:

Hi WAHE,

This perception is of old days. When technology and internet was not or new for people. Now everyone saves time and just google any thing they want. If they are looking for anything/product/service. They just google it and find out what they want. Even they can view all similar products/services provided by different companies and they can decide what they should buy or not. Even they can get better with less price. But if they have to go in the market and then they will go to only one shop and will buy or not but they will not know they could get better at low cost if they compare/search that product/service with others. But in they market they can’t do this and it would be wasting lot of time.

But today thanks to internet, now people can view and compare any product they are interested in and it helps them to buy right product. This is what SEO does. It brings right product/services at top which people are looking for. It does not only benefit to seller but ultimately it also benefit to customers.

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    wizseoservicesaustralia, post: 100339 wrote:
    Hi WAHE,

I’m pretty sure Cesar knows what SEO does, and the benefits of SEO …

Although SEO is great, people do business with PEOPLE and not WITH A RESULT.

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    wizseoservicesaustralia, post: 100339 wrote:
    Hi WAHE,

The Copy Chick
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    Aidan, post: 100064 wrote:
    … I have a couple of friends who are horrified at the thought of SEO, they do NOT want strangers finding them in search engines as they do not want to field the phone enquiries from time wasters. To them, their sites are a ‘brochure’ for people they already deal with, or are pitching to.

A well written website should minimise the number of “time wasters” by providing sufficient information and motivation to encourage only qualified leads to get in touch.

If people are getting lots of queries without the follow-through, I’d suggest they take a closer look at the content and address the reasons why leads aren’t converting.

Often it may be as simple as the lack of a relevant call to action, or the company hasn’t clearly identified and written for their target market. The risk of being too general with content is it won’t attract the right people. The content needs to be targeted and specific to attract a specific audience for a specific outcome.

Hmm…. I feel a blog post coming on..! ;)

The Copy Chick
    Up
    Aidan, post: 100064 wrote:
    … I have a couple of friends who are horrified at the thought of SEO, they do NOT want strangers finding them in search engines as they do not want to field the phone enquiries from time wasters. To them, their sites are a ‘brochure’ for people they already deal with, or are pitching to.

A well written website should minimise the number of “time wasters” by providing sufficient information and motivation to encourage only qualified leads to get in touch.

If people are getting lots of queries without the follow-through, I’d suggest they take a closer look at the content and address the reasons why leads aren’t converting.

Often it may be as simple as the lack of a relevant call to action, or the company hasn’t clearly identified and written for their target market. The risk of being too general with content is it won’t attract the right people. The content needs to be targeted and specific to attract a specific audience for a specific outcome.

Hmm…. I feel a blog post coming on..! ;)

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Nope,

in the cases I spoke of that is nothing to do with any of it…

Those businesses really do NOT want ANYBODY on their websites other than the folk they refer to the websites themselves.

Its nothing to do with: not thinking the layout through, or the copy, or the design or the calls to action…

none of that…

… and yet the websites are very succesful at what they are intended for!

So I’ll say it again – a website is a tool that can be used in different ways and not all websites are intended to be found in Google!

:)

Aidan
    Up

Nope,

Those businesses really do NOT want ANYBODY on their websites other than the folk they refer to the websites themselves.

Its nothing to do with: not thinking the layout through, or the copy, or the design or the calls to action…

none of that…

… and yet the websites are very succesful at what they are intended for!

So I’ll say it again – a website is a tool that can be used in different ways and not all websites are intended to be found in Google!

Cesar
    Up
    seocourse, post: 100356 wrote:

Gab,

You are so right there! My retail side of the business cannot be the success it is today without a high-ranking website, ;-) whereas the wholesale divisions success is solely based on face-to-face communication within the trade sector.

After 11 years in business, I know what works best for both sectors of my business. In saying that, I have done the back-ground research to use the best resources available to achieve whatever goals I desire.

BTW, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all the FS members and administrators.

Cesar
    Up
    seocourse, post: 100356 wrote:

Gab,

You are so right there! My retail side of the business cannot be the success it is today without a high-ranking website, ;-) whereas the wholesale divisions success is solely based on face-to-face communication within the trade sector.

After 11 years in business, I know what works best for both sectors of my business. In saying that, I have done the back-ground research to use the best resources available to achieve whatever goals I desire.

BTW, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all the FS members and administrators.

The Copy Chick
    Up
    Aidan, post: 100404 wrote:
    Nope,

Really?!! :confused: Then why not just post them out an actual brochure? :rolleyes:

I guess their websites must be cheaper than printing costs… but really, what a wasted opportunity (IMHO only).

I’d love to know how much time and energy they expend on other lead generation avenues… purely out of intellectual curiosity.

The Copy Chick
    Up
    Aidan, post: 100404 wrote:
    Nope,

Really?!! :confused: Then why not just post them out an actual brochure? :rolleyes:

I guess their websites must be cheaper than printing costs… but really, what a wasted opportunity (IMHO only).

I’d love to know how much time and energy they expend on other lead generation avenues… purely out of intellectual curiosity.

Aidan
    Up

Nope – as I said earlier its all quite deliberate and very effective!

It’s important to understand that websites can be used in different ways, in some cases a section might be created on a site temporarily purely for a specific project or specific target client then it may be removed later. Whole websites can be created for specific needs too.

Think of it as tailoring a brochure to specific clients…

Printed brochures are used too but they tend to be static.

Certainly not a wasted opportunity, just clever use of websites…

Lead gen is through WOM, referrals and tenders.

Aidan
    Up

Nope – as I said earlier its all quite deliberate and very effective!

It’s important to understand that websites can be used in different ways, in some cases a section might be created on a site temporarily purely for a specific project or specific target client then it may be removed later. Whole websites can be created for specific needs too.

Think of it as tailoring a brochure to specific clients…

Printed brochures are used too but they tend to be static.

Certainly not a wasted opportunity, just clever use of websites…

Lead gen is through WOM, referrals and tenders.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.