Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Do Most Of You Have A Facebook Page and Does It Work For You?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    seolyka2
    • Total posts: 157
    Up
    ::
    Pawpost, post: 132902 wrote:
    I think that if you decide to go with social media, you should stick with it. Maybe limit the amount of posts you do in the beginning, but keep up the frequency. The idea I gather, is that regular updates shows you are still there, and you don’t run out of content if you pace yourself. You may not gain huge profits from this, but you will not turn off potential customers who wonder why you don’t have a social media outlet like all the other companies.

Good point Pawpost! Yes, once you created your social media profiles, it’s really important to keep on posting useful information to start a conversation and grab the attention of your audience, but try to time your posts. You should also monitor your social media profiles and see what other people are saying about your company. Try to respond to both positive and negative feedback.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

I Have just create my facebook fan page how can i add wellcome Tab.

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Try this: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=328788920775

We look forward to seeing you join in discussions.

Robert

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Sorry – but the new Facebook Timeline does not allow you to add tabs any more. All different now. Here are a couple of articles that may be helpful. Particularly important – the header image must not contain advertising or Facebook will take the page down.

New rules What you can and can’t do on Facebook
    http://www.marketinggum.com/what-you-cannot-do-on-facebook-page-admins-read-these-rules/

Facebook Timeline for Brands
    http://mashable.com/2012/03/01/facebook-timeline-brands-guide/

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

If you’re not going to make regular postings on FB or twitter don’t have either.

If your posts are only going to be about spamming/promoting your products/services don’t have either.

If you’re scared of negative comments and your only solution will be to delete them don’t have either.

GuyJam
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 133218 wrote:
    If you’re not going to make regular postings on FB or twitter don’t have either.

If your posts are only going to be about spamming/promoting your products/services don’t have either.

If you’re scared of negative comments and your only solution will be to delete them don’t have either.

Well said,
    If you’re going to do some Social Media, concentrate on one thing so you have time to get really good at it. If you’re trying to Facebook and Tweet and Blog and Pintrest all at the same time, it’s going to be a watered down campaign. Not to mention you’ll probably have duplicated posts running across all the different apps.

Guy

The Copy Chick
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    Jhon, post: 133138 wrote:
    I Have just create my facebook fan page how can i add wellcome Tab.

While you can no longer create tab for a default landing/welcome page, you can create a tab (or app, as they’re now called) at the top of your page to act as a welcome page.

These apps can be used for all sorts of things, such as competitions/promotions, blog rolls, additional information, etc. The downside is, only 3 will be displayed at the top of your page – the remainder can only be accessed if your visitors click the arrow to see the rest (if you have more than 3).

I use a 3rd party program called Shortstack to build my app pages. I use the free version which has everything I need, but there are other similar programs out there you can use.

My tabs include a weekly word puzzle, my portfolio, my blog feed, a brief overview and links to my services, and while I was helping work on “The Shift” (an educational seminar for small businesses) a promotional page where people could register or find more information.

For my clients I’ve also created menu pages, competition pages, map/location pages, photo galleries and all sorts of fun stuff.

I hope that gives you some ideas beyond just a Welcome page :)

Snakeman
    Participant
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

I think the benefits of social media are greatly over-estimated.
    Having said that there is an expectation by many that all
    businesses should have a facebook page and twitter account.
    Also if you don’t set up an account (especially if you own a trademark)
    you are almost inviting some bootlegger to move into your domain and
    once they get the taste of your customers they won’t give them up without a fight!

I think the best online marketing is a good webpage with an appropriate call to
    action as in either a “buy” or “book now” page.

All the best

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    Snakeman, post: 133524 wrote:
    I think the benefits of social media are greatly over-estimated.
    Having said that there is an expectation by many that all
    businesses should have a facebook page and twitter account.
    Also if you don’t set up an account (especially if you own a trademark)
    you are almost inviting some bootlegger to move into your domain and
    once they get the taste of your customers they won’t give them up without a fight!

I think the best online marketing is a good webpage with an appropriate call to
    action as in either a “buy” or “book now” page.

All the best
    Boy, that’s really far from the truth for many companies. I know of businesses who get most of their leads via facebook. I know of businesses who have built up a huge user database by promotions via facebook. And at the moment there really aren’t many as cost effective channels for a range of promotions for companies both bug and small.

Yes, there are many businesses who have no idea how to use facebook/social media to help their business grow, but that is a far different scenario than the benefits being over estimated. The are many (most I would say actually) businesses who have no real idea how to leverage their website to its maximum benefit, doesn’t mean those businesses should not have a website.

GuyJam
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

I also don’t think the benefits of Social Media are over estimated. But I do think a lot of people are approaching it completely wrong.

I try really hard to update my company Facebook feed with content that my followers will find interesting/entertaining and are completely in line with our social media goals. The goal of service companies on Facebook should not be creating an immediate call to action, as some people just don’t need animation, or a plumber or an accountant right now. But it’s about developing a relationship with your followers, one that puts you as the expert in your field.
    So when your followers do, or know someone who does need your services, your company is the first one that comes to mind.

Honestly, this is still a theory that is presently playing out for my company, as we have only had our Facebook page running for about 4 months now and are yet to make any leads from it. But I have faith :)

Chris@Tapestry
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Totally agree with guyjam above – it’s all about being where your market is, having a presence and building a relationship. Personally I hate being “sold to” on facebook as it is still considered by most as a personal space, but being there, offering info, interest and beauty doesn’t hurt and hopefully your followers will appreciate your presence.

http://www.facebook.com/TapestryCreative

travelmaster
    • Total posts: 200
    Up

I think having a business FB page is almost equally important to having a webpage. Sure you can do without it but it says a lot about how serious your business is.

Austrapack PTY LTD
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Well I sort of was not going to go down this path but then I started reading this article – http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/timeline-facebook-pages-guide/

So I just created one a few days ago. Only time will tell

https://www.facebook.com/Austrapack

Shane Walker
    • Total posts: 129
    Up

Hi GuyJam! It’s Shane Walker here.

Yes! I agree with you that social media is not for hard selling of goods and services. It is building for relationships and positioning yourself as a trusted expert in your field.

In regards to receiving no leads from your Facebook page, I would assume you have done your market research to determine if your target is actually hanging out on Facebook. If you haven’t done this, you may be wasting a lot of time and effort targeting the wrong marketing channel.

Regards,

Snakeman
    Participant
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

“I think having a business FB page is almost equally important to having a webpage. Sure you can do without it but it says a lot about how serious your business is.”

Well, I don’t agree with this, BUT many people do… as a result we have a facebook page.

All the best

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.