Home – New Forums Other discussions Do not call my business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    businessinteractive
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

This site: http://www.donotcallmybusiness.com/

Do we see it as a good thing or a bad thing for small businesses?

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hmmm… I’d be interested to see others thoughts on this. I’m not sure it’s something that I would engage.

Seems that the telemarketer would still ring the small business, so then the small business needs to either transfer the call or ask the telemarketer to ring another number. Either way, work is still interrupted in the first instance.

Personally, I’d rather hear who they are / where they are from and if it’s an irrelevant offering for my business say no thanks and ask them to remove my number from their call list. If they are offering something of interest/value to me, I would normally ask that they send me an email outlining the offer and communicate with me that way anyway…

And… in this case, there appears to be no information about the business offering the service at the website. This is off putting to me and would probably prevent me from engaging their services. Who is the business? Where are they located? How do I contact them? etc.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

We have DNC on our land line and still get the occasional tellimarketer

I also asked that it be put on my mobile and now the phone hardly rings possibly because I put on my website that I was Retired.

So we now get the email spam with the spam filter and still the odd one gets through. I do check my spam box in case some important email get spammed.

Must admit it is nice when only customers/clients and friends phone

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

I’d like a service that actually stopped the telemarketers from calling me.

Steve

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 163722 wrote:
    I’d like a service that actually stopped the telemarketers from calling me.

Steve

Me too, on the DNC register AND pay for a silent home number, but still get several of these annoying calls every week…

DavidThomas
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

Get a 1300 number, it should reduce your telemarketing calls by 90%. (OS can’t call it, and most companies who sell lists does seem to collect 1300 numbers).

PerfectNotes-Kathy
    • Total posts: 500
    Up

We put the home/office number on the Do No Call register a few months ago. Fortunately, we get very few calls now! (Unfortunately, we only got irregular business calls, so not sure whether this has impacted on that).

But it does remove a lot of the ‘nuisance’ calls.

Kathy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.