Home – New Forums Get productive Do Not Call Register is extended to business-to-business? Is this the end for us?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    WAHM
    • Total posts: 117
    Up
    ::

Great article here http://www.bizthinktank.com.au/news/6/Do-Not-Call-Register-means-big-fines-for-small-business-

Many business commentators are becoming increasingly concerned about the effects of the changes.

One of the major concerns is that few small businesses believe the Act will apply to them. But the truth is, even the smallest businesses could face fines of up to $1.1 million – if they repeatedly choose to ignore the new obligations under the new Do Not Call Register regime. Not to mention the nightmare of a Federal Court case or a formal investigation by ACMA.

What are your thoughts on this? Is this the end for small business? I do alot of cold calling to get new clients

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

It’s going to mean more work.

Using YP or whatever to compile a data list. Then using the call register to remove registered numbers, before you go ahead an call them.

But if all these businesses jump on the list, then cold calling is dead.

How will we then market our products?! Back to relying on direct mailouts?

WAHM
    • Total posts: 117
    Up

It would be an absolute nightmare having to check on the register first before calling a business?

There are not enough hours in the day as it is let alone adding another task such as this.

As solopreneurs who can afford the big bucks to advertise to attract new clients?

I think is ridiculous.

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

I would hope that with this change, they would allow bulk checking of phone numbers.

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

Sounds like opportunity…

Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

Time to join more networking groups perhaps:) Find other ways to market.

Michael_R
    • Total posts: 130
    Up
    Chris Bates, post: 26085 wrote:
    I would hope that with this change, they would allow bulk checking of phone numbers.

They already allow for bulk checking – set up account for place that I am working at the moment just last week and really easy stuff.

It takes about 30 sec for washing of 1000 numbers – costs are $78 for upto 20,000 numbers.

But as the others have said it will just allow for the creative ones in business to be more successful and take the sales because they are willing to be different to the rest!

Michael

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

hmmm, I’d better hurry up and call the existing and cold customer lists provided when i bought my business recently….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.