Home Forums Other discussions Do we have ADHD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Burgo
    • Total posts: 2,099

An interesting article was published in “Leadership Maters” the magazine of the Institute of Managers and Leaders.
    Dr Hannah Critchlow is a Neuroscientist who has for many years been studying how thw brain works..In the article “Exploring the Mystery of the Mind ” there was a piece on “Entrepreneurial Thinking” in which Dr Critchlow says ” Neuroscience is beginning to understand the brains of entrepreneurs, which can sometimes be similar to people with ADHD.”
    I thought this was interesting, because I have often wondered what sets us apart from the others.
    What do you think ?

RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186

I am not sure either way. and that being said not all adhd diagnosed are equal some may work out well as a business owner for the freedom but that is not to say all would be able to cope with the scheduling and self control to survive and prosper.

on another issue I am myself quiet dissatisified with the label entrepuaner with the ever increasing amount of people who call themselves that but just expect holidays, cars and zero stress and thus move onto the next scheme whenever reality shows anyone of those becoming effected.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    RunicConvenience, post: 262804, member: 112020 wrote:
    I

on another issue I am myself quiet dissatisified with the label entrepuaner with the ever increasing amount of people who call themselves that but just expect holidays, cars and zero stress and thus move onto the next scheme whenever reality shows anyone of those becoming effected.

I fully agree, every second newbie on here calls themselves an Entrepreneur just because, they are starting a business, half of which is just a copy from every one else. Most haven’t even googled what the word means I don’t think.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,189

I imagine that Dr Critchlow is referring to what entrepreneurs themselves refer to as shiny object syndrome – it gets talked about a lot.

Burgo
    • Total posts: 2,099

Its something to do with taking risks in business Also something to do with knowing our strengths and weaknesses and needing to work with them.
    For many years ive known that I am a little different from others but when I am in the company of other small business people I have a feeling of being comfortable and similar.
    My grandson has ADHD mildly and he and I get on really well and he talks to me as a friend and not a grandparent, so maybe ??

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,704

I would consider the definition of entrepreneur means someone that makes carefully CALCULATED decisions regarding the use of scarce resources to make a profit. It doesn’t necessarily mean they succeed but it does mean they made careful decisions to minimise the risk.

Unfortunately from what I read here, “carefully calculated” is often entirely absent from decision making. Just because you figure out how to register a company and get an ABN for $600 does not make you an entrepreneur.

2019 is the Chinese year of the truth bomb. Mods you have been warned. :)

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. info@360partners.com.au www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    bb1
    Participant
    JamesMillar, post: 263965, member: 5318 wrote:
    2019 is the Chinese year of the truth bomb. Mods you have been warned. :)

Great to see you back [USER=5318]@JamesMillar[/USER], but the mods have being asleep at the wheel so far this year

James Millar
    Participant
    bb1, post: 263966, member: 53375 wrote:
    Great to see you back [USER=5318]@JamesMillar[/USER], but the mods have being asleep at the wheel so far this year

Ha. Never really left Bert – just a bit disenchanted with the quality of some of the content in the last twelve months. It seems reflective of a broader trend in that every Joe has somehow brainwashed themselves into thinking they will be better off as a business owner than an employee. Everywhere you look there is a new tool or content, ebook, course, platform that somehow persuades the average (or very average) Joe that they can develop a successful business with little money and no additional expertise. I mean some of these people could be persuaded to summit Mount Everest with nothing but a t-shirt on a couple of Protein bars in their pocket. Who needs a professional guide and Sherpa’s when you’ve got Tony Robbins on your side.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. info@360partners.com.au www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    bb1
    Participant
    JamesMillar, post: 263968, member: 5318 wrote:
    I mean some of these people could be persuaded to summit Mount Everest with nothing but a t-shirt on a couple of Protein bars in their pocket. Who needs a professional guide and Sherpa’s when you’ve got Tony Robbins on your side.

Oh thanks for the advise I will add protein bars to the list, the advise I had was T shirt only required.

James Millar
    Participant
    bb1, post: 263970, member: 53375 wrote:
    Oh thanks for the advise I will add protein bars to the list, the advise I had was T shirt only required.
    Just have a big meal the night before you start and you’ll be fine. Maybe also google some mounteneering videos you’ll be a pro before sun rise.
    RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186

buy my Udemy Course and you can be a pro mountaineer in 4 hours.

bb1
    Participant
    JamesMillar, post: 263971, member: 5318 wrote:
    Just have a big meal the night before you start and you’ll be fine. Maybe also google some mounteneering videos you’ll be a pro before sun rise.

[USER=5318]@JamesMillar[/USER] Just to bring the discussion back onto a serious note and your earlier comment (yep it’s Monday), and I know I will get in trouble from the mods for saying this, but IMO the direction this forum has taken since the change in mods (miss you [USER=863]@Jayne Tancred[/USER] ) and the new ownership, it appears that you are only allowed to say good things about every hair brained idea that gets posted, the mods have told me they don’t care if incorrect advise is posted (not their responsibility, but sad when you can’t even question it), . Seems like it’s more a make sure that the advertising appears in front of people, rather then good solid advise which was the previous aim under [USER=5]@Robert Gerrish[/USER].

This may be my last Post so I hope your Chinese new year of the truth bomb goes well.

James Millar
    Participant
    bb1, post: 263979, member: 53375 wrote:
    [USER=5318]@JamesMillar[/USER] Just to bring the discussion back onto a serious note and your earlier comment (yep it’s Monday), and I know I will get in trouble from the mods for saying this, but IMO the direction this forum has taken since the change in mods (miss you [USER=863]@Jayne Tancred[/USER] ) and the new ownership, it appears that you are only allowed to say good things about every hair brained idea that gets posted, the mods have told me they don’t care if incorrect advise is posted (not their responsibility, but sad when you can’t even question it), . Seems like it’s more a make sure that the advertising appears in front of people, rather then good solid advise which was the previous aim under [USER=5]@Robert Gerrish[/USER].

This may be my last Post so I hope your Chinese new year of the truth bomb goes well.

Hey Bert – when you say “new ownership” – has FS be traded to someone?

bb1
    Participant
    JamesMillar, post: 263988, member: 5318 wrote:
    Hey Bert – when you say “new ownership” – has FS be traded to someone?

https://www.flyingsolo.com.au/startup/starting-business-over-60

James Millar
    Participant
    bb1, post: 263989, member: 53375 wrote:
    https://www.flyingsolo.com.au/startup/starting-business-over-60
    I see. Very interesting and explains a lot.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.