Home – New Forums Other discussions Do you collect anything?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    ::

In relation to my other thread I’m wondering if anyone here collects anything and if so, what!?

I myself have been a collector of NBA Basketball cards off & on for about 20 years now (when funds permit haha); so just curious if we have any other collectors around here and what you collect. :)

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

I wish I hadn’t seen this. I collect Agatha Christie books, I’ve only got three to go. I also collect badges, the cheap ones with slogans on them, I prefer them pre-loved; probably have around 700

AVC
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Wwwellll…..l,

Models of spacecraft (the ones you build yourself).

i.e. Star Wars, Star Trek, Aliens, Lost In Space, Thunderbirds. you get the picture…

Dre
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

I collect a lot of retro and vintage collectables I wouldn’t call my self a picker but I always find things out on jobs that I know I can turn for a profit most recently I got two extremely rare dragster /chopper push bikes for $35 each and they are valued at $500each. And vinyl records

Marold Robinson property maintenance

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

Yes, I collect Freds (although I’ve never seen one in Australia..!) http://www.homeprideflour.co.uk/collectables.aspx

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Yup, i am an avid Coca Cola collector.. odd items, fridges, bottles, sales promotional items and the likes.. not sure why, actually yeah i am.. i was travelling through USA quite some time ago and got to pheonix and came across all thesed bottles in an old gas station.. got one, then headed to san fran and seen more.. got more.. and then it began :)

Cheer
    Jason ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Some interesting stuff people haha – keep it coming! :D

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up

Every time we fit a towbar to a car that we haven’t done before I am very diligent about taking a picture of it, getting the back ground clipped and posting it to our website.

I tell myself it is because I am serious about my web content. But if I am honest with myself the collector in me gives a little ‘yay!’ every time I ‘collect’ another image for the portfolio.

At least collecting digital assets doesn’t clutter up the house:)

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

Steve,

To me that habit of getting a photo is a golden opportunity. If you added that photo to a card and sent that to the customer with a thank you for ‘shopping with us’ message they’ll remember you. Message me if you’re interested.

MinzBeadz
    • Total posts: 103
    Up

Echidnas :)

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

I was big BB cards when I was younger. The thrill of opening the pack!

These days I am getting into straight razors. Not only are the ultra cool and have a lot of history, they are practical.

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    MinzBeadz, post: 161401 wrote:
    Echidnas :)

LOL I’m guessing not real ones as you can’t keep them as pets!?

MinzBeadz
    • Total posts: 103
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 161406 wrote:
    LOL I’m guessing not real ones as you can’t keep them as pets!?

Well, we do have a regular backyard “Rex” who visits, but no – these are inanimate ones (except when I give them all little voices to talk to me, then they’re real ;) )

LornaU2
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

I collect U2 stuff I have books records, picture disks video dvd’s tshirts and other gear/. Thou I have not added to that collection recently.
    I also collect retro knitting needles and related things. My mum does as well. (daggy I know) There are some really funky cool things out there to be had in op shops

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I like to collect “MONEY”.
    There seems to be however a small problem, whenever I have collected a reasonable amount “shewhomustbe” spends it.
    If “shewhomustbe” dosent then her apprentce “daughter” does.
    I still like to collect “MONEY”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.