Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Do you have a good or bad CRM system?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ServiceGuru
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

I need to identify CRM software that’s suitable for small business, both in the start-up period and for those experiencing substantial growth. Have you got positive or negative feedback regarding a CRM system you’ve used?

All comments appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Lyndall Guinery-Smith
    Kiss Your Competition Goodbye
    [email protected]

Want more customers for your small business?
    Find strategies to get you streets ahead at
    http://www.KissYourCompetitionGoodbye.com

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up

Hi Lyndall,

I’m in a similar position myself, as i’ve just been using spreadsheets etc up until now, but things are getting a bit beyond that in terms of my growth, so i’m thinking down the same path you are.

In my day job I use Microsoft Dynamics CRM, but it’s definately a medium to large business thing and not for the solo flyer!

The two options i’ve narrowed it down to are either Salesforce.com or Highrise CRM from 37signals.

http://www.salesforce.com/au/smallbusinesscenter/editions/
    http://highrisehq.com/

I haven’t used either yet, but i’ve read very good things about the Highrise CRM software and it’s probably my pick right now. Salesforce on the other hand integrates with some other software I use so may be the best option because of this.

Hope this helps a little, maybe some others may already be using these or other options and can provide a recommendation.

Best of luck
    Matt
    Marketing Web

IT Guy
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

There are quite a few open source (“free”) CRM projects around including
    SugarCRM
    OpenCRX
    vTiger
    SalesForce

and the like.

Most will require some technical knowledge and installation of couple of other bits of software (database, web server, PHP) if you host it yourself.

Alternatively see if your ISP or web services provider has a product they can offer you that they will administer.

If you are still using a spreadsheet they maybe far more cost effective than installing a commercial CRM product.

It depends on what you are what with CRM and what you are trying to do.

Cheers

IT Guy

ServiceGuru
    Up

Thanks so much for your comments guys. You’ve provided valuable information and given me something to look into further.

Thanks again – much appreciated.

Best wishes,
    Lyndall Guinery-Smith
    [email protected]

WAHM
    • Total posts: 117
    Up

I am still looking for the perfect CRM and have trialled quite a few.

Ask The Web Expert here at FS he may be able to help you soon.

ScottD
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

i would suggest using a cloud service like sugar crm hosted app http://www.sugarcrm.com/crm/ondemand_eval.html?lsd=hdr

just signup and start using it, they take care of all the systems.

otherwise you can pay a web developer like myself to install and configure a CRM hosted on a server.
    Cheers
    Scott

Intelestream
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Good question, we developed an online software called intelecrm. Good price and powerful, it has allowed small companies to compete with bigger competition in terms of streamlined sales and marketing. A few years ago there is no way Small companies would have been able to afford a CRM. Now that lots of companies are offering solutions on the cloud, it’s possible. Visit us at http://www.intelestream.net/intelecrm

ServiceGuru
    Up

Thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate you taking the time to reply and will do some more research now that you’ve given me a new direction to head in.

Best wishes,
    Lyndall Guinery-Smith
    [email protected]

Arnold Shields
    • Total posts: 58
    Up

I am just looking at Salesforce.

I like the idea of being able to add your salesforce email address to BCC and correspondence is automatically added to the contact. Getting to critical mass with any CRM package is difficult.

WAHM
    • Total posts: 117
    Up

Most CRM’s offer an email dropbox service these days.

Salesforce is so expensive once you need to add team members, great for a solopreneur though

I am still searching for my CRM

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Have you thought about what you want your CRM to do? There are many good ones, both computer based and web based but without knowing exactly what you’re thinking you’d like to do or achieve, hard to know which ones to recommend.

IT Guy
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

That is the probably THE question. What do want to do with the CRM system? Are you trying to manage the sales process, do you want to integrate into the accounting system, are you looking to manage service calls, etc? Is this going to be a primary interface for a lot of people or used intermittently by only a few?

I would start with some idea of the end in mind as this will help keep you on track when trying to decide between different systems.

In some ways there are no bad choices in the CRM field but some will be better suited to some purposes more than others. It will all depend on what you want to do with CRM and how much customisation or extension you require or want to do with it.

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up
    IT Guy, post: 38032 wrote:
    That is the probably THE question. What do want to do with the CRM system? Are you trying to manage the sales process, do you want to integrate into the accounting system, are you looking to manage service calls, etc? Is this going to be a primary interface for a lot of people or used intermittently by only a few?

I would start with some idea of the end in mind as this will help keep you on track when trying to decide between different systems.

That’s why I asked. I’ve helped a lot of clients set up and manage databases but the end result is what I need to know in order to help them. Most seem to have some idea they need a CRM but many don’t really know what or what for.

Brenda Thomson
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    ServiceGuru, post: 37232 wrote:
    I need to identify CRM software that’s suitable for small business, both in the start-up period and for those experiencing substantial growth. Have you got positive or negative feedback regarding a CRM system you’ve used?

All comments appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Lyndall Guinery-Smith
    Kiss Your Competition Goodbye
    [email protected]

I have been really happy with Salesforce – very easy to set up and use. Also very affordable until you need to add a lot of extra accounts. Worst feature is inability to integrate effectively with Outlook (Says it does it – but in my experience VERY flakey)

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

As said, it very likely depends on what you need.

I have been using ACT for a while now but was a little disappointed with the last version 11, only because while I could see it would do a good job for a sales team maybe but it did not quite meet what I needed. But since upgrading to vers 12 it is working a lot better for me.

To explain, I am not that interested in a “sales process” as such, seems to me that better suits a sales team and a business that maybe sells a listed product/service with a known list price. My work is very much each job is very different. So I have evolved a record system in ACT around their “opportunity” window (which is now much more flexible) which allows me to keep track of possible work/the things people talk about they might get me to do etc.. And then once the job is done I have a history record of any work I have done for that client – plus of course ALL their contact details, including name of wife/kids/dog etc. etc..

Sometimes a card file works better, but this system does allow me to see quickly just who has talked to me about what they talked to me about and when.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.