Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Do you know about NAB’s The Village free coworking space?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Caron
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

Hi FS community,

I wanted to share with you something that has really helped the growth of my business and community. I have, since April, been a member of NAB’s The Village free (to NAB customers) coworking space next to Southern Cross station.

I’ve really loved being a member and being part of a growing community of small business owners and soloist – all inspired to help each other and connect with like-minded people, especially those who aren’t a fan of working alone at home.

Are there any Soloist on here already a member?

If you’re not a NAB customer and still want to come and check it out you can come and work here as a guest of mine if you like. I think Tuesdays & Thursdays are the best because at 10am the host buys the members a coffee and we get to meet loads of other members. All my clients have come from networking at the Community Coffee catch up- no hard sales in sight!

I hope everyone can take advantage of a new way to bring the business community together.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Caron,
    Thanks for sharing this :)
    I see that a few of the banks seem to be exploring this co-working idea too.
    I’m aware of one in Sydney (Chatswood) as well: http://webapps.stgeorge.com.au/dragon-business-hub/
    Cheers,
    Peter

Caron
    Up

Peter, hi, thanks for the info about St George’s space – so great that the big corps are looking for ways to engage with their customers. I work with company’s on their customer engagement and testing (although not spefically NAB) and have found that the more customers are allowed to invest in a business the greater the increase in ‘sales’. It’s natural – the more you give the more you receive, and yet, it’s taking a while for corps to work out how to put that value into dollar value when it might take a lot longer than traditional (out dated) financial year governed methods. Fascinating to be a part of it as it’s happening now!

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

What a great idea.

Some time ago I was using the “Melbourne Hub” just across the road for a casual co working space. There were senior NAB staff using it also, seems they got something out of it as a “take away”.

Great location, might be time to change banks …

Can anyone do the tour?

Cheers

Caron
    Up

It’s great that you’ve experienced the HUB and that you know what it’s about – yes, anyone can do a tour. There are two hosts available 8.30-5 each weekday and organised tours at 2pm daily, however I, or other members, can provide tours too.

Drop in any time…
    The best times are just before 10am on Tuesday or Thursday so you can also participate in the member coffee which is a fantastic opportunity to network with other members and grab a free coffee on NAB!

micmehmet
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hi Caron,

I’ve been a couple of times and just recently became a member. It’s a great looking space and a very convenient location – especially as parking around Docklands can be a little more forgiving than in the city centre, if you drive.

I look forward to attending those Community Coffee sessions – perhaps I might bump into you there!

Michael

Tom ISW
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Yes, I joined NAB to get access to it! Very friendly staff (or “hosts” as they call themselves) and about 100 times better than any plain vanilla office space!

Francis Chuang
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

This sounds awesome! I am seriously considering moving over to NAB. Quick question about drop-ins. How does that work? Is a booking required before hand? Are there any limits on how often you can drop in?

Caron
    Up

Hi Francis, no bookings required, turn up any time from 7am until 7pm. No limits either, just a NAB business account. Free access to the space, meeting rooms (if you can get one, they’re usually booked out well in advance these days), free wifi, comfy couches, loads of plants, groovy people that you can meet at Member Coffee on Tues/Thurs 10am or Decanter Banter on Fri 4.30pm- or any time really. There is always loads of different types of events/ workshops going on at low/no cost to members.

Don’t suppose I need to go on really, you’re probably well & truly sold. ;)

I can recommend the 2pm tour run daily to get an idea of what it’s like. I’m there 2-3 days a week nowadays so say hi if you come by – although, look for a pixie hair cut, the length has been lopped.

Take care,
    Caz

Francis Chuang
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Hi Caron,

Sounds awesome! Just opened a business bank account with NAB today and signed up on the site. Do you know how long it takes to hear back from them regarding the application?

Thanks again!
    Francis

Caron
    Up

These days I can’t be sure. Certainly not more than a few days but don’t wait for a response before going there – just rock up, ask the hosts Alex or Marc to find your application and they’ll either process it on the spot or sign you in as a guest and do it while you work. Takes very little time.

Welcome when you do come in!
    :rolleyes:

MathewK
    Participant
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Digging up an old thread.

Would love to check it out. I did work on the fit-out years ago, might be the same space??

Any current members like to meet me for a quick tour? Say Tuesday 21st February 2017?

Would love to hear your story whilst I am at it too!

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    MathewK, post: 244237, member: 68892 wrote:

Would love to check it out. I did work on the fit-out years ago, might be the same space??

Any current members like to meet me for a quick tour? Say Tuesday 21st February 2017?

Hi And Welcome to the Forums Mathew. It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining Flying Solo and posting today.

Sounds like a great project to work on. Was it a branding exercise or do you think NAB thinks they will make an actual ROI in the long run?

Cheers

MathewK
    Participant
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the message.

My work for NAB was in regards to building and construction. I helped with the ‘fit-out’ to organise trades and contracts.

I am a building and construction professional working for myself.

Considering dropping in to co-working spaces to mix things upp whilst I work on my business ‘Tax Depreciation and Quantity Surveying services’.

Tom ISW
    • Total posts: 180
    Up
    MathewK, post: 244237, member: 68892 wrote:

Hey Mathew,

Welcome! NAB Village hosts conduct tours every Tuesday and Thursday around lunchtime. But the time to go is definitely Thursday morning, when the Community Coffee happens. That way you do a bit of networking and hear from a whole panel of regulars. It’s always a great time!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.