Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Do you pay for leads?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    GandJ
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

Just wondering if anyone has had recent experience with Quotify or another online sites where you pay for leads. Would you recommend their service? How much do / would you pay for leads?
    Many thanks,
    Gandj

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Gandj, post: 114562 wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone has had recent experience with Quotify or another online sites where you pay for leads. Would you recommend their service? How much do / would you pay for leads?
    Many thanks,
    GandjWhat industry are you in?

More information will help.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Gandj, post: 114562 wrote:
    Many thanks,
    GandjWhat industry are you in?

More information will help.

GandJ
    Up

We are about to start a Credit Control business for small to medium business that offer goods or services on account. Having been in the industry for 25yrs(and a bit more) we feel that this is a service would benefit these business. We have noticed over the years that there is confusion between the term credit control & debt collection, credit control maintains the relationship between you & the customer where as debt collecting is the severing of the relationship.
    My question about paying for leads is of a general nature as I am investigating various forms of marketing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Regard,
    Gandj

GandJ
    Up

We are about to start a Credit Control business for small to medium business that offer goods or services on account. Having been in the industry for 25yrs(and a bit more) we feel that this is a service would benefit these business. We have noticed over the years that there is confusion between the term credit control & debt collection, credit control maintains the relationship between you & the customer where as debt collecting is the severing of the relationship.
    My question about paying for leads is of a general nature as I am investigating various forms of marketing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Regard,
    Gandj

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

The problem with sites like Quotify (and freelancer, elance etc etc) is that they tend to attract customers who want CHEAPEST, not BEST. I do, very occasionally, bid on freelance, elance and ozlance. You need to pick and choose the project, and after a while you get better at picking the wheat from the chaff. All of these offer free membership (with a paid option for more leads etc) and I probably wouldn’t pay anything.

In your case, I reckon traditional marketing (flyers to local businesses etc) plus such things as social media, and local SEO, would be great.

If I make the next Adelaide networking, I’m happy to have a chat about your options.

Cheers

Nicole

BlackCoffeeComms
    Up

The problem with sites like Quotify (and freelancer, elance etc etc) is that they tend to attract customers who want CHEAPEST, not BEST. I do, very occasionally, bid on freelance, elance and ozlance. You need to pick and choose the project, and after a while you get better at picking the wheat from the chaff. All of these offer free membership (with a paid option for more leads etc) and I probably wouldn’t pay anything.

In your case, I reckon traditional marketing (flyers to local businesses etc) plus such things as social media, and local SEO, would be great.

If I make the next Adelaide networking, I’m happy to have a chat about your options.

Cheers

Nicole

GandJ
    Up

Thanks Nicole, We are getting there, so much to do research wise but all falling into place now. I have registered the domain name & just waiting for the logo to be finalised. We have been dragging our feet a little as we were hoping to qualify for the NEIS scheme but we are not able to get a straight answer from Centrelink, we have been waiting since 5th March, so we are going it alone as we can’t afford to wait any longer. Hope you can make it on the 10th, i will contact you shortly.
    Cheers, Judy

GandJ
    Up

Thanks Nicole, We are getting there, so much to do research wise but all falling into place now. I have registered the domain name & just waiting for the logo to be finalised. We have been dragging our feet a little as we were hoping to qualify for the NEIS scheme but we are not able to get a straight answer from Centrelink, we have been waiting since 5th March, so we are going it alone as we can’t afford to wait any longer. Hope you can make it on the 10th, i will contact you shortly.
    Cheers, Judy

BlackCoffeeComms
    Up

I know someone running a business that started with the NEIS scheme – and she currently also goes into TAFEs etc to tell people about NEIS. If you have specific questions, I could perhaps ask her (I don’t know her hugely well – our three-year olds are daycare friends)

Cheers

Nicole

BlackCoffeeComms
    Up

I know someone running a business that started with the NEIS scheme – and she currently also goes into TAFEs etc to tell people about NEIS. If you have specific questions, I could perhaps ask her (I don’t know her hugely well – our three-year olds are daycare friends)

Cheers

Nicole

GandJ
    Up

thanks, the problem is with qualifying, we have been approved in Adel but our file had to go to Canberra…thet are over worked..so we are being told and have a back log of work…Wednesday is the deadline for an determination, so hopefully we will have an answer one way or another. Would just be nice to have something to fall back on while we establish the business.
    Cheers, Judy

GandJ
    Up

thanks, the problem is with qualifying, we have been approved in Adel but our file had to go to Canberra…thet are over worked..so we are being told and have a back log of work…Wednesday is the deadline for an determination, so hopefully we will have an answer one way or another. Would just be nice to have something to fall back on while we establish the business.
    Cheers, Judy

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

i don’t pay for leads. Only JVs or strategic alliances ie results, not prospects

You need to establish your average cost per lead and if possible, your profit per lead / click to determine how much a lead is worth.

once you know your own cost per lead, you can determine the quality of lead received.

say, out of 10 leads, you get 8 sales but the conversion rate from a lead supplier is 5 out of 10. obviously that’s a low quality lead and you will need to adjust the price you are willing to pay.

My suggestion is to partner with an organisation so they refer leads to you. If you can’t, get a JV broker to help you. It will be worth it.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

i don’t pay for leads. Only JVs or strategic alliances ie results, not prospects

You need to establish your average cost per lead and if possible, your profit per lead / click to determine how much a lead is worth.

once you know your own cost per lead, you can determine the quality of lead received.

say, out of 10 leads, you get 8 sales but the conversion rate from a lead supplier is 5 out of 10. obviously that’s a low quality lead and you will need to adjust the price you are willing to pay.

My suggestion is to partner with an organisation so they refer leads to you. If you can’t, get a JV broker to help you. It will be worth it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.