Home Forums Other discussions Do you remember?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344

I posted a simple question in some other places and have seen very interesting answers and really interested to hear from as many people as possible..

If you registered your business name yourself (rather than an agent do so on your behalf), do you recall checking ‘yes’ to a series of check boxes presented to you in order to register the business name? Things that ASIC required you to acknowledge before proceeding to register your business name? If you answer yes, bonus points for adding a comment of what any of those things were…

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

Jacqui sadly I don’t remember what I had for dinner yesterday, so remembering what I ticked 13 and 4 years ago respectively is not going to happen, I suspect this will be common for most business owners

JacquiPryor

Nothing if not honest are ya?

All good, I suspect many won’t remember. I’ve had a spate of disputes lately that point back to this though, hence the curiosity behind the question ;)

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472
    JacquiPryor, post: 267191, member: 20176 wrote:
    Nothing if not honest are ya?

All good, I suspect many won’t remember. I’ve had a spate of disputes lately that point back to this though, hence the curiosity behind the question ;)

And in reality, how many of them would have actually taken to much note, beyond having to work out which was the right answer to give. ie. who reads terms and conditions besides me.

Or that they were correct when the business was in conceptual stage, but totally irrelevant to what the business really looks like today.

Just some thoughts

JacquiPryor

This is why I’ve posed the question… my (very minor) data pool is suggesting a few vaguely recall something, but don’t recall ‘what’ they checked off. Like you say, who truly reads ts & cs etc (except you… well, I do too!)

Your 14 year ago registration wouldn’t have had the check list I am referring to but your 4 year ago one probably did.

This is literally the first thing people see when starting an online business registration with ASIC… no surprises my interest is around the first 2 items. It’s interesting to me (probably no one else haha) as often in a TM dispute, the alleged infringer will deny any knowledge of the TM or its owner and have no idea this is something they should have looked into…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.