Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Do you use Instagram to promote your business?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    heftzwecke
    • Total posts: 213
    Up
    ::

Your post was just the right one, because I dusted off my instagram….

Leeperry
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    Lucy Kippist, post: 252385, member: 98720 wrote:
    Thanks for your thoughts, Lee. I’m interested in what you say about hashtags – and completely agree it is much easier to find your audience on instagram. Maybe because you can “do less’ with this application. It’s a bit why I have always favoured Twitter and Instagram separately, over Facebook – you just focus on one thing (although you can add photos and video i guess…hmmm). I find it frustrating that you need to provide your “link” in the bio when you want people to read more than you can squeeze into the data field. As a user I still find that a bit irritating no matter how much I love the person’s site.

I’ve also checked out the link – food is just MADE for this platform isn’t it? Also enjoyed the witty comments :)

Oh I agree, both Twitter and Instagram are open platforms, as in you can find almost anyone, connect with them and follow them. On Facebook it’s more challenging to do so from a business perspective.

Agree on your point about the copy and link – it’s frustrating. And requires a bit of forward planning :)

On the hashtags, it’s important to think about your target audience and where they are. You can then build a few of the most important ones into your strategy. Say for example you’re a business in Melbourne. Watching out for hashtags around this and engaging with users–where relevant–and their content can help you start building relationships, and increasing visibility of your brand. The cautious factor however is to watch out for looking spammy.

Haha – thanks. We have a very specific brand, so it’s good to see that coming across :)

heftzwecke
    • Total posts: 213
    Up

I think it depends weather or not your business is visual. If you are a tax accountant what pictures would you publish, but as a hairdresser there are lots of opportunities, or if you own a restaurant.

pmullen
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

I should be. It’s the one thing I need to put more time into and update more regularly. I need to put together a posting schedule for it.

Has the article been published yet, [USER=98720]@Lucy Kippist[/USER]? I’d been keen to have a read.

Here’s my account – https://www.instagram.com/peter.mullen/

Lucy Kippist
    • Total posts: 230
    Up
    elissa.doxey, post: 252446, member: 88225 wrote:
    I use it more as my little creative outlet, rather than for marketing (@spindle_consulting). Plus, it’s interesting to see what other businesses are doing in a quick, visual way.

I’m not particularly fond of the way a lot of businesses use it as a harder sell by direct messaging though.

Agree with your point about direct messaging it’s definitely a turn-off.

Lucy Kippist
    Up
    pmullen, post: 252579, member: 82670 wrote:
    I should be. It’s the one thing I need to put more time into and update more regularly. I need to put together a posting schedule for it.

Has the article been published yet, [USER=98720]@Lucy Kippist[/USER]? I’d been keen to have a read.

Here’s my account – https://www.instagram.com/peter.mullen/

Hi Peter,
    No I haven’t published the article yet but will give a heads up here when I do.
    Your photos are incredible, love this fire truck (https://www.instagram.com/p/BW6MqQbhT-f/?taken-by=peter.mullen)

Thank you for sharing.

Lucy Kippist
    Up

Hi, [USER=82670]@pmullen[/USER], here’s the post up today on Flying Solo, re: Instagram: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/marketing/use-instagram-like-pro

pmullen
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Fantastic, thanks [USER=98720]@Lucy Kippist[/USER] – great article!

starboy
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

I like to keep Instagram just for personal use… I can’t see any benefit for my business. But I think it’s great.

karensaid
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

I’m more visual rather than read a whole lot of text, there’s no right or wrong here. I know a lot of people who love Instagram and use it successfully for business, mainly promoting their products with a comical twist, but at my age, it took some time to get into to it, but I do love it now. The simplicity and challenge of choosing then posting a great image that say’s what you mean it to say, really appeals to me.

MikeDav
    • Total posts: 163
    Up

I think Instagram works well for B2C businesses but not as well for B2B.

elkcreative
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

I love Instagram. I just find it easier to do as I don’t over think stuff. I just share the work that I have just finished or am currently doing as it progresses. I’ve been amazed at how many local businesses have noticed my work and reached out.

My insta profile: https://www.instagram.com/elkcreative/

ScarlettR
    • Total posts: 396
    Up

Interesting to know and follow because through my research and feedback from others I’ve found Instagram not to be a place for promotion, but a place for connection. It may lead you to sales but because it allows you to connect with others in a more human manner, then people will follow you, thus your community will grow = more sales. But I wouldn’t consider it a solid place to advertise.

ScarlettR
    • Total posts: 396
    Up

Also Fergberger is amazing. I went last year and will be going back again this year! Those lines are CRAZY.

Anfernee Chansamooth
    Participant
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

Haven’t really used Instagram much but I’m in the process of starting a new business and was recently invited to join an Instagram pod [USER=98720]@Lucy Kippist[/USER].

I’m finding this to be a great way to build engagement.

So now I’m in the process of developing our social strategy, and leveraging Instagram pods and IGTV to grow our reach and audience is definitely on the cards.

I help service professionals create content that builds trust, attracts leads, and generates sales.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.