Home – New Forums Other discussions Do you want to Guest Post?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up
    ::

I hope I’m putting this in the right area. Having read a related thread on FS I’m wondering if people would be interested in doing a guest post for me. I currently have a Mondayitis theme, published on Tuesday, featuring guest posts discussing a list of questions in whatever way they wish so long as it’s G rated. I’m also considering a new theme for guest posters, and asking people to review a book for me, I’m thinking of publishing this once a month and letting them choose the book, again bearing in mind my G rated website.

What do people think about it? Would you like to be involved?

KathLiam
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Is guess posting still effective in doing SEO now?

With the new google algorithm it’s difficult which one that really work.

However, if you accept cosmetic surgery or health related articles, i guess i could submit two or three.

thanks.

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

Ooh I would love to do book reviews! Also, just FYI, I have actually spent 10 years as a working journalist, including time at the Canberra Times entertainnment liftout doing music, movies and TV reviews. Mind you I have vivid memories off reviewing the pilot of the X-Files and saying it wouldn’t last :)

And what sort of Q&As do you have for the mondayitis column?

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    Up
    KathLiam, post: 118105 wrote:
    Is guess posting still effective in doing SEO now?

With the new google algorithm it’s difficult which one that really work.

However, if you accept cosmetic surgery or health related articles, i guess i could submit two or three.

thanks.

I don’t actually know if it’s any good for SEO but it does save me writing for one day a week.

The guest posts I’m thinking about have a set of specific questions to answer. You get to answer them any way you wish. If you want to see past answers for some ideas you could look at http://www.suzs-space.com/tag/mondayitis/

The other thing I mentioned was if you wished to review a book I’d love to have that. It could be a book on cosmetic surgery or some other health topic, that is your choice but I’m asking it be about a book.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    Up
    BlackCoffeeComms, post: 118125 wrote:
    Ooh I would love to do book reviews! Also, just FYI, I have actually spent 10 years as a working journalist, including time at the Canberra Times entertainnment liftout doing music, movies and TV reviews. Mind you I have vivid memories off reviewing the pilot of the X-Files and saying it wouldn’t last :)

And what sort of Q&As do you have for the mondayitis column?

Wow! You mean someone who actually knows how to write as opposed to someone who just pretends i.e. me. That’d be lovely!

These are the questions.

What do you read?

Why do you read?

Do you read for work or pleasure?

Can you do the Safety Dance while reading?

Safety Dance – Men Without Hats

Are you a Discworld/Twilight/Harry Potter fan?

Would you attend a flash mob dressed as your favourite character?

If you’re interested just message me.

Garenius
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

What topics are you planning for the guest writer to work on?

Eitherway, good luck with your search!

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    Up
    Garenius, post: 118341 wrote:
    What topics are you planning for the guest writer to work on?

Eitherway, good luck with your search!

Bearing in mind most of my website is about books then it’s a given it’ll be about books. I’m most specifically looking for book reviews, if you have a book in your area of expertise you want to review and don’t have anywhere to publish it I can do that.

GailH
    • Total posts: 217
    Up
    SuzsSpace, post: 118128 wrote:
    Can you do the Safety Dance while reading?

Safety Dance – Men Without Hats

Totally off topic, but thought you might enjoy the “literal” version of Safety Dance: http://youtu.be/zZaiB9jYCxI :)

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    Up

That’s brilliant. I’m passing it onto the people who got me stuck on the Safety Dance.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.