Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Document Control business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tennasee
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    ::

Just wondering if anyone on here runs a Document Control business or would be interested in using a document controller? The primary role of a document controller is to manage all documents/drawings (not including general correspondence) on a project within a master drawing register and to ensure that any new revisions of drawings are transmitted to the relevant recipients as soon as they are submitted. Document controllers are usually employed by engineering firms and building companies.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi – welcome to Flying Solo.

I worked at an engineering firm a lifetime ago, and when I left they were in the process of putting all their drawings in a computer system.

The whole kit and kaboodle was then managed by the quality department.

I am sure their are cloud solutions out there? If not, that sounds like a great business opp!

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

could you do it with google docs ?

Steve

saju09
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Face-to-face networking begins with attitude and body language. You may recall learning that dogs sense fear; well they–like people–can also pick up on a person’s attitude. A useful attitude is an important aspect of networking. Useful attitudes include being warm, enthusiastic, relaxed, curious, helpful, patient, and interested.

By effectively building a network of colleagues, business associates and more, you are ensuring that whenever you need a new client, a new job, or to develop your skills further, you can call upon your network to help you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.