Home – New Forums Tech talk Does Adwords Really work?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    biznicole
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hmmm.
    I have never clicked on adwords myself ever , not when I want to buy something or find a local help.
    I would like to get some feedback on it.

THE SALES WARLORD
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

Depends on your definition of WORK.

All seo / sem / online advertising really does is drive “qualified” traffic to your site – and by qualified I mean by keywords, if you don’t know them you are guessing. Then it’s not qualified.

Having said that it’s what happens when they GET there that makes a difference.

You have less than 3 seconds to get their attention.

No attention grabbing headline?

Bye.

No sub head with a UVP?

Bye.

No professionally conversationally written long copy?

Bye.

No call to action?

Bye.

No story to tell them why to buy?

Bye.

No objection handling?

Bye.

No call to action?

Bye.

No “Johnson Box”?

It’s like renting a prime shop in the middle of Westfield and putting a big sign up saying “sale” on and not putting any items on the shelves or salespeople in the shop.

Copy sells.

Whether you use SEM, SEO, or other online or offline ads to drive traffic to your site if you don’t have copy you will sell less, or nothing at all.

People want to buy what you have – but they have QUESTIONS.

Pointing them at the site is NOT enough to sell them.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

As a professional in the PPC field I’d have to say yes Adwords are extremely effective at driving qualified traffic to your site IF your keyword selection is good enough, the adgrouping good enough and the ads are well written.

From that point onwards you need a site with products and product pricing that actually appeals and gets the customer to buy.

Ken Wood
    • Total posts: 54
    Up
    biznicole, post: 17445 wrote:
    I have never clicked on adwords myself ever , not when I want to buy something or find a local help.
    I would like to get some feedback on it.

Just one comment: remember that Google makes more than US$10B a year in revenue, which nearly all comes from people clicking on Adwords links…

Given that most clicks earn Google somewhere from 10 or 20 cents up to a couple of bucks each, their revenues show that an awful lot of people ARE clicking on those links even if you aren’t yourself.

Cheers,
    Ken

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.