Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Does Anyone here use Web Videos?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Bizweb
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::

Great info shared here by all.

I use web video for a lot of my web marketing with great results, but there are a few important factors that need to be taken into account for maximum success.

I am a Mac user so I use Screenflow for most of my work, and iMovie for other needs like green screen etc. (I have Adobe Premier Pro, and have used it a bit, but I find it is over kill for small web videos)

As far as marketing videos go, I use Youtube for everything for a few reasons

• It is easy to use
    • It is Mobile device compatible
    • It’s owned by Google
    • It is free
    • I make money from it with the partner program (Internet Marketing Niches only)
    • It uses none of my server space or bandwidth
    • It is easy (and great) to optimise for SEO
    • Youtube is the number 2 Search Engine on the planet.
    • It is reliable and fast compared with single severs or other web video services.
    • You can upload any type of file and Youtube will re-encode it for cross platform useability.

There are many pitfalls to using video that are not hosted by Youtube, and I have found them all out the hard way. (if you are wanting a professional result)

There is Camtasia Studio for PC & Mac, however I have no need for it due to Screenflow, but have used it on PC (don’t tell anyone) and it does a great job, though not as easy to use (as any one eyed Mac convert will tell you).

No matter what the video is, please make sure you at least have a summary of what is in the video written in text on the page of the video, as this is not only helpful to those who do not watch but is crucial for Search Engine Indexing of your content.

I could go on for hours and really hijack this thread, but I wont. I am happy to answer any questions on this topic if needed.

Just remember that most of your target population will stay on your page 5 times longer if there is a video (no matter what some individuals say), don’t be scared off by video, if you have great information (and good audio), your audience will engage with you as it is likely that your visitor is there out of interest, unlike television advertising where they are interrupted during relaxation.

One last point is make sure if you are using video for marketing that you put it in your Google Places listing (if you have one)!

Have a great day

Steve

Bizweb
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Great info shared here by all.

I use web video for a lot of my web marketing with great results, but there are a few important factors that need to be taken into account for maximum success.

I am a Mac user so I use Screenflow for most of my work, and iMovie for other needs like green screen etc. (I have Adobe Premier Pro, and have used it a bit, but I find it is over kill for small web videos)

As far as marketing videos go, I use Youtube for everything for a few reasons

• It is easy to use
    • It is Mobile device compatible
    • It’s owned by Google
    • It is free
    • I make money from it with the partner program (Internet Marketing Niches only)
    • It uses none of my server space or bandwidth
    • It is easy (and great) to optimise for SEO
    • Youtube is the number 2 Search Engine on the planet.
    • It is reliable and fast compared with single severs or other web video services.
    • You can upload any type of file and Youtube will re-encode it for cross platform useability.

There are many pitfalls to using video that are not hosted by Youtube, and I have found them all out the hard way. (if you are wanting a professional result)

There is Camtasia Studio for PC & Mac, however I have no need for it due to Screenflow, but have used it on PC (don’t tell anyone) and it does a great job, though not as easy to use (as any one eyed Mac convert will tell you).

No matter what the video is, please make sure you at least have a summary of what is in the video written in text on the page of the video, as this is not only helpful to those who do not watch but is crucial for Search Engine Indexing of your content.

I could go on for hours and really hijack this thread, but I wont. I am happy to answer any questions on this topic if needed.

Just remember that most of your target population will stay on your page 5 times longer if there is a video (no matter what some individuals say), don’t be scared off by video, if you have great information (and good audio), your audience will engage with you as it is likely that your visitor is there out of interest, unlike television advertising where they are interrupted during relaxation.

One last point is make sure if you are using video for marketing that you put it in your Google Places listing (if you have one)!

Have a great day

Steve

NickHumphries
    • Total posts: 418
    Up
    BranchingOut, post: 99912 wrote:
    I have been thinking about creating a video that is a short demo of our product.

I am just wondering what the software is that allows you to track what you are doing on the screen and record the voice?? I don’t even know what to google :)

Also, if the video is on a dedicated youtube channel, does it have analytics as well so that you can measure if it has been a worthwhile exercise?? I would want to know if I am onto something or wasting my time!

Sorry for hijacking and if I got off topic – I was going to post this in another thread but thought it might be close enough

You can also view this deal: http://bizzbuzz.com.au/deals/animated-video-deal-akitso-design/

NickHumphries
    • Total posts: 418
    Up
    BranchingOut, post: 99912 wrote:
    I have been thinking about creating a video that is a short demo of our product.

I am just wondering what the software is that allows you to track what you are doing on the screen and record the voice?? I don’t even know what to google :)

Also, if the video is on a dedicated youtube channel, does it have analytics as well so that you can measure if it has been a worthwhile exercise?? I would want to know if I am onto something or wasting my time!

Sorry for hijacking and if I got off topic – I was going to post this in another thread but thought it might be close enough

You can also view this deal: http://bizzbuzz.com.au/deals/animated-video-deal-akitso-design/

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

Watch this video on video marketing formula. Just got the course today and i’ll go through it over the next month or so.

EVen if you don’t purchase it, there is lots to learn as it’s a content rich seminar in it’s own right.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

Watch this video on video marketing formula. Just got the course today and i’ll go through it over the next month or so.

EVen if you don’t purchase it, there is lots to learn as it’s a content rich seminar in it’s own right.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.