Home – New Forums Tech talk Does anyone know of a good, basic, simple to use CRM tool that syncs easily with Mac?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cash Flow is King
    • Total posts: 24
    Up
    ::

I’m in business for myself, providing small value selective invoice finance for SME’s. I need to record interaction content and follow up with individual intermediaries, as well as keep track of potential new clients.

Things like jotting down a few bullet points about what was discussed into my iPad after a meeting, scheduling a follow up date days, weeks or months into the future, reporting who I haven’t been in touch with for a while, pipeline tracking for any sales opportunities, linking them to the referral source, and reporting pipeline growth, decline, time to move between stages, etc etc.

All pretty straight forward stuff really.

I run ALL of my (small number) of contacts through Apple’s address book, so for me any CRM tool needs to have seamless, almost plug n play interaction with that, be fully mobile and available to my iPad with cloud based syncing to my desktop.

But for some reason, every tool I investigate assumes I’m a tech head, with endless amounts of time to set up, update, record activities, and just about everything else!

Help please!

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up

Re: Does anyone know of a good, basic, simple to use CRM tool that syncs easily with

Check out CapsuleCRM – http://capsulecrm.com/ – It’s free for the first 50 client contacts from memory.

I think you’re kind of looking at it the wrong way though. You won’t find a system that integrates with your Apple contacts properly because this in itself causes barriers. Like if you bring on new staff who use a Windows Phone they could not access the CRM from that phone etc.

I would suggest looking at choosing the CRM (one that supports using from an iPad plus other devices) and then moving your contacts to the CRM – which would be as simple as exporting and importing via a CSV or similar file. You would then manage the contacts through the CRM.

Maclean

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Re: Does anyone know of a good, basic, simple to use CRM tool that syncs easily with

I’ve recently started reusing Insightly. I’ve used it in the past to manage multiple projects and track associated files and emails. It’s also designed to be used as a CRM, track leads etc. (I haven’t used it this way as yet).

I found I could manage quite a lot on their free plan, it scales up or down according to how busy you are.

I found it easy to get my head around, just seemed to fit my workflow.

Web based, so you can use it on anything, not too hard to pull your existing contacts into it, integrates out of the box with Google apps.

Cash Flow is King
    • Total posts: 24
    Up

eWAY, post: 169333 wrote:
    Check out CapsuleCRM – http://capsulecrm.com/ – It’s free for the first 50 client contacts from memory.

I think you’re kind of looking at it the wrong way though. You won’t find a system that integrates with your Apple contacts properly because this in itself causes barriers. Like if you bring on new staff who use a Windows Phone they could not access the CRM from that phone etc.

I would suggest looking at choosing the CRM (one that supports using from an iPad plus other devices) and then moving your contacts to the CRM – which would be as simple as exporting and importing via a CSV or similar file. You would then manage the contacts through the CRM.

Maclean

Thanks Maclean.

I really value my contacts IP, and am reluctant to completely move it to a new, untried CRM tool. I would prefer to regularly sinc between the CRM and Apple Address Book, so if something stuffs up, I can still access the contacts.

I’ll give Capsule a try, the team at Zoho are also looking pretty good at this stage.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

I can’t see how sending prospects a whole stream of automated email followups and offers is the way to go. The Stackcrm seems to be centred on this idea.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi arrowwise,

Apologies, but I think your post was in response to comments left by a spammer :mad:, whose posts have now been removed.

The original post is from a couple of years ago, so I suspect David has it all sorted by now.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Jayne

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.