Home – New Forums Other discussions Does your job affect your relationship?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    vicban05
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi guys newbie here, just wanted to hop on and ask: do ladies care about the job men do?
    I work for a system integration company, it’s a decent job and I work hard to make enough money. Last month, I met a wonderful lady online. We hit it off right away, so I tried to ask her out. She’s a pretty straightforward person and told me that she likes my personality and all, but she prefers to date a guy who works in the office. She thinks it’s more “formal” and fits in her ideal lifestyle more? I honestly didn’t know how to respond. Is this just a way of rejecting me or does your occupation really matter?

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,321
    Up

Welcome to Flying Solo vicban.

This is a different sort of question for the forum and it does have the potential to go downhill fast so I will keep an eye on it.

To get to an answer, everybody is different of course so you will see a spectrum of preferences.

Some lady’s feel that it is important to impress their peer group. My ex wife did not seem at all impressed when I transitioned from a Management position within a corporate type environment to owning a cleaning business 🙂

On the other hand, there may have been just no chemistry or any number of a million different reasons the individual may have given to signal that she did not have an on-going interest in you.

Good luck with it all!

Cheers
    Paul

kolins
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

my wife doesn’t want me to work as a waiter

Emma Jackson
    Participant
    Up

h

LukeChester
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

I always say that it’s more comfortable when your partner and you work in related professional fields. For example, you both are involved in art. It creates more mutual understanding between you both.
    It’s not a rule, of course. And if your partner prefers your status more than your personality, would you like to continue these relationships?

jessicaherron9
    Participant
    Up

No. I am a Software Engineer and My work is not effecting my relationship. we both are happy with each others.

rebeccamorrow
    Participant
    Up

That depends on every woman not everyone is watching where males work, personally for me my man’s job is not my business he could work where ever he want until is happy.

JamesMorgan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Really depends on the person you wanna go on a date with, every person has their own personality and unique style if she is interested in you she will go out on a date.

Ben
    Participant
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

I would advise you to run away from such a girl, she is not very smart, as I noticed from your story. What does it mean to want to date someone who works in an office. That’s stupid, a guy sitting at home can make a lot more money than in an office. You don’t even think about the fact that she turned you down in some way, keep going about your business and girls will reach out to you on their own.

Squezzeer432
    Participant
    Up

Up to a certain point, work had affected our relationship for the worse. All because I was spending a lot of time at work. My wife just wanted to spend more time with me, and since I work mostly with a lot of paperwork, I was even sleeping in the office.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.