Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Doing everything right, still no Love

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jamesie
    • Total posts: 33
    Up
    ::

I have started a Facebook page and created an upcoming event.
    Spent some money getting a few likes quickly, but they are all targeted as local people with interest in the topic so that all went pretty smoothly.
    There are around 3000 people who have been invited by myself, another page admin and their friends, so all good there.
    50 or so people say they are coming to the event, so all good there as well.
    I have shared the event around relevant other Facebook pages, including the venue my event is being held.
    As the event focuses on comedy and music, I post some funny pictures, jokes, I have added an artist bio and feel I have not been to sales-oriented throughout the process.
    Now as a promotion, I want to give away 2 tickets every week. I have installed an app from Short Stack which is a requirement for a competition, shared it on my page, on the event page, with the venue page and amongst friends, and to tell you honestly, I have had 2 entries in 2 weeks. Neither really qualify as a winner, although both have received the weekly prize.
    Why won’t people engage? It is a simple use your email to enter and tell your friends you have entered. I feel it is relevant, the people it targets are fans of the page or have been invited to the event.
    Of course it doesn’t help that the competition is not on the pages feed, Facebook stopped that with the timeline change, and it isn’t great that when you share the ‘app’ as they call it now, it doesn’t look very appealing either.
    What to do?
    Page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chords-and-Comedy/397728923697157

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

One piece of advice would be to not put all your eggs in one basket – don’t just rely on Facebook as it leaves you open to pain when the interest is not as high as you would like.

Jamesie
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 186726 wrote:
    One piece of advice would be to not put all your eggs in one basket – don’t just rely on Facebook as it leaves you open to pain when the interest is not as high as you would like.

Absolutely, we have other things going on as well. Flyers at the venue to attract the locals to the show, including the local PO boxes (rural area), every sale at the liquor store gets a flyer.
    Posted around town at local gathering spots. We will be marketing closer to the date at caravan parks nearby, setting up a market stall where the tourists flock to herd them to our show, placing advertising under wipers at tourist locations.
    Our show is online with the 2 main ‘what to do’ pages in town, we are advertising in the local free papers, including trying to get an advertorial done. (hopefully free, they are desperate for content)
    We have a massive influx of workers at village camps so we are finding ways to get the message on site. We can probably arrange transport for them to the venue as well.
    The show has appeal for many age ranges and genres so if you guys have another advertising trick up your sleeve, happy to give it a go.

Simply Money Honey
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

A couple of suggestions;

I clicked on your link and the text on your facebook page says “Do you like FREE things? Do you love MUSIC and COMEDY ? How about 2 free tickets in our reserved seating area worth $90.00?”

2 Free tickets to what? When is it? Where is it? I am sure I could probably find this information if I spent more time looking around your site but you have to make it easy for people.

Also just a personal preference, I never enter anything that results in a post on my facebook wall or requires me to share with friends. That’s just me, plenty of people do and I understanding the sharing is important for you to spread the word.

Your facebook audience is very small for you to get a large number of entries although I know you have shared it around elsewhere.

Perhaps consider offering free tickets to blogs or facebook pages with the type of audience you want e.g. they run a comp on their page and you provide the prize (2 free tickets)

Hope this helps.

Gabrielle

Jamesie
    Up

Hi Gabrielle,
    The post you are referring to is new from yesterday. I will be changing the image to describe the competition prize better.
    I had not thought of giving tickets away from another page or blog, I have approached a couple of local entities with popular pages that get lots of engagement and asked if they would like to give tickets as prizes for their own pages. Will see what happens there. Hopefully they see value as it could work to their advantage as well.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Jamesie, it seams you are ticking all the boxes. Have you performed at any smaller pubs and clubs? My only thought is you are aiming to high. You need to build an loyal audience that will follow and recommended you. How about a youtube video so people can see you before they decide. You could use facebook to add a link.

Other than this, you might have to be a back up for someone else or use an agency to get bookings.

I just think you need help from someone already with the contacts.

Jamesie
    Up

Hi Tony,
    I am not the act. I have Dave O’Neil booked as a headliner, the band attracts 300 people to each gig, the venue has more than 300 locals attending already and I have sold a few tickets. Breaking even at least is pretty much a certain.

The thread was more concerned with ways to leverage social media and the troubles I have had engaging an audience.
    It has been very frustrating doing everything the social gurus tell you, keeping most things informative and light, while trying to advertise and build an audience within the restrictions Facebook imposes.

I will persist with my efforts, so far neither Facebook page owner I have contacted has returned my message, so we will wait and see if they do. I know where my bets lay.
    For a couple of days I will not use Facebook marketing at all, I might be starting to annoy some people with the adverts in their feed, particularly those who are not interested but still fit the target demographic.

Does anybody have any suggestions for an avenue to ‘give these tickets away’ which will help market the show and brand in a positive way?

vhit
    • Total posts: 70
    Up

Hi Jamesie,
    Looking at your event page. Are the performers well-known?
    If not, maybe you can use a cover photo of the lawn where the event is held. If you have any photos from a previous event.

Because if people don’t know who the performers are, your page may not draw them in. They need to see a photo of what they would experience if they went to the event.

I have found Facebookers to be pretty time wasting, compared to other marketing groups.

Jamesie
    Up

Hi Vhit,
    The main cover photo contains the 2 main act’s photos and a description of the event and venue.
    The band is locally very popular, and the comedian is Dave O’Neil, everybody has seen him on TV unless you live under a rock, so I expect the cover photo is very appropriate. When you looked at the page did you see something else? I know Facebook has some quirks and likes to make things difficult to have an interesting page, but on any device this should be the first thing you see.

vhit
    • Total posts: 70
    Up

Hi jamesie,
    You should state and emphasize these performers popularity and fame in your advertising.

KidsActivitiesDelivered
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

A few facebook tips that were passed onto me by my guru friend

– people are very visual. I had a quick look and it was very wordy. You want images with short text that is easily shared. Find funny pics and try those.

– Link in with Dave’s page, mention where he has recently appeared (tv, radio, live shows) and tag the venue/show as well as his page

With the giveaway have you tried the local radio station? They might be happy to give some away to listeners.

Hope the event goes well!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.