Home – New Forums Logistics Domestic Freight

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AnnC
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

New to the group! Found old discussions but need current advice! Am paying $12 for 1kg, $16 for 3kg & nearly $19 for 5kg anywhere in Australia by Australian Air Express (now merged with Startrack) and increasing costs monthly! I am also using e-go for Road – Sydney to Melbourne or Sydney to Brisbane – although I worry about the ability to fin lost items!!

I need to cut my freight costs as I am loosing business! Any ideas. I heard somewhere of Freight Resellers – offering cut price freight by reselling AAE, UPS etc.

I spend about $40,000 per year (it is a seasonal business) so the bulk of that is over 3 months.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks
    Ann

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi AnnC,

I’m not the right person to help you with your query, but did want to welcome you to the Flying Solo forum :)

I hope you receive some info that helps you get better prices soon.

All the best,
    Jayne

nduncan
    • Total posts: 98
    Up

Have you tried negotiating with Australia Post? With the volumes that you have you should be able to get a good deal. The only other cheap option that I know of is e-go but you say that you are using them already.

Melanie Miller Biz Coach
    • Total posts: 90
    Up

Hi Ann,

I have just gone through the costing process with some of my clients. Australia Post would not negotiate even though freight costs were around $50K per year. Due to their location we were limited in who they could use – TNT ended up being the best option.

Another company I have heard good reports about is http://www.inxpress.com.au
    They may be worth a shot?

Good luck!
    Melanie
    http://www.melaniemiller.net.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.