Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Don’t hide! Tell us your name!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up
    ::

I notice that many here don’t sign off their posts and often we’re left with usernames that don’t give a clue either.

You’re in business, or want to be. So why hide who you are? Let people get to know you as well as what you do. Relationship building and networking are an important part of business building. People will do business with you if they feel they have trust for you. Part of that is getting to know who you are and a nameless person makes it hard to get to know.

So, please introduce yourselves and then sign off each post so that we can get to know you over time.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Thanks Kathie
    This is something that is quite infuriating trying to get to know a username and who is the person behind it.
    When you register please just take a few minutes of your time to fill in your profile, and put up a signature.

It really does help us to get to know you and perhaps answer differently to the way we do. After all we are like you, curious and shy.

So thank you for coming out from behind the curtains and letting us see your face
    patrick

Lucki
    • Total posts: 147
    Up

Thanks Kathie and Burgo for the interesting comments.

I’ve also found that when people post an image of themselves others can relate to them better too. You get a better understanding of the personality behind the face. Richard Branson has done that and so too have many soloists which is great. I just haven’t got to that stage yet but am realizing my mugshot may be necessary sometimes for others to connect with you.

I grew up where you were often judged by your name or appearance and I guess that has remained with me, hence I use my logo as opposed to an image of myself. Certainly on this forum everyone has been incredibly friendly and not here to judge but acquire business information and support. So I think in time to come I’ll use my mugshot and not my logo – just need to get a happy snap.

Cheers
    Lucki

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Thanks for your posts Kathie, Lucki and Patrick!

I’d just like to reiterate that we love newbies around here, we love making new forum-friends, and we all strive to make the forum a relaxed and friendly place to hang out.

So, for those who prefer to remain anonymous online, maybe think about choosing a nickname or pseudonym for yourself. It always feels much nicer to write a warm, welcoming post to ‘Dear Tom, Dick or Harry’ or ‘Dear JumpingForJoy’ than to ‘Dear AnonymousForumName734’.

And I’m sure it’s much nicer to receive too!

Happy day to all of you! Whatever your names are, whatever avatar you choose, we’re glad you’re here :)
    Jayne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.