Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Dreaming of flying solo…successfully!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Made for Ava
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

hi,

i’m new to flying solo and enjoying the journey so far. such a great site where you actually get some great feedback and interaction among members.

would love to get some feedback on my website and products in particular pricing. we sell handmade birthday party decorations, in particular children’s happy birthday banner and bunting sets. they’re currently retailing at $40. Apart from the fact that they look great, the key USP is that they’re designed for repeat use as they’re made from quality material.

my website http://www.madeforava.com.au is very basic, did it myself using a template from a (cheap) smartyhost package. i’m selling via madeit.com.au until i can afford to get a proper website done with e-commerce. visitation is slow but ok. keen to get your thoughts on look, logo, content, products, pricing etc.

the other thing i wanted some advice on is $$$$!!!. we’ve outlaid quite a bit for our products. it’s a lot when we’re using our own money ie no bank loans etc. we’ve just requested to increase our credit card as a last resort so we can pay our suppliers. anyone can provide some advice? is there such a thing as an interest free small business loan from the government or is it just wishful thinking?

hope to get some feedback reading up on some great advice from fellow flyingsolo members.

my website is http://www.madeforava.com.au

thanks!

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Welcome to the forums,

First of all, congratulations on Flying Solo! It’s a great feeling (minus the stress of not being able to pay your suppliers of course).

I think it may be wishful thinking for an interest free loan – Even the Government would need to pay interest in money it lends us, so I doubt they could give it for free.

Good news is though that there are a lot of stay at home mums / dads who crawl around the internet a lot.

I would suggest getting on Twitter / Facebook. Perhaps even considering advertising on Facebook to get your word out.

Keep us posted on how things go!

– Jake

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Made for Ava,

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your progress to date.

You have some lovely products there, and I’m sure you’ll find plenty of willing buyers for them. I’ll be interested to see what feedback the community give you on the pricing.

Good luck with your new business,
    Jayne

mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up

Hi Made for Ava,
    i like the name – it sticks out and has a homely feel. If you’re not comfortable borrowing off friends & family (often your only chance at an interest-free loan) your next best option is going for a small business loan at your local bank. Do a bit of research first to try and save some money.

I’d suggest really thinking about what you could get out of a loan. How are you going to turn that $2000 (into example) into $3000, and that $3000 into $5000… You get the idea anyway. If you can go to a bank with a plan you’ll have a good shot at getting a loan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.