Home Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Drinks with Sydney Flyingsoloists?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    The Cafe Ninja
    • Total posts: 124

Hi all,

Does anyone who is based in Sydney fancy having a get together for some drinks? I think I’d be a really interesting experience to meet up with other flyingsoloists…I’m happy to arrange something in early 2009…just something at a pub in the CBD where we can have a chat…reply to this thread and let me know if you are interested and I’ll make it happen.

Cheers,

The Process Ninja

Burgo
    • Total posts: 2,099

Now young Ninja why not start a Sydney Social Group.

Sydney CBD may not appeal to many people for drinks, perhaps the Ranch or even Ryde-Eastwood Leagues club. Good parking close to public transport and less expensive than the city.

Have a U-Beaut Christmas

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459

Hi

Sorry for the late reply. I was away camping ;-)

Drinks and a get together sounds really good.
    I can recommend a pub in Newtown in Australia Street (Court House Hotel), central enough for everybody, close to the station and not expensive or posh. And they have a really nice beer garden.

Or in the CBD the Lounge Bar in the Albion Place Hotel on George Street. Also not expensive. I’ve been to other networking events there.

Cheers
    Astrid

Virtual Advertising
    • Total posts: 4

hi,

i run an advertising agency based in Sydney and would be happy to catch up. Sorry, city is preferable to Ryde.

If you get this up and running, email me at michael@virtualadvertising.com.au

cheers,

Michael

johnb
    • Total posts: 2

Drinks in the City sounds like a great Idea! A great opportunity to meet like minded people.

Let me know when and where and I hope I can be there ( nice rhyme).

John

johnb@oneagency.com.au

The Cafe Ninja

Sorry guys, I didn’t realise anyone had replied! I forgot to tick the box!

I’m happy to meet anywhere that has beer – are Fridays good for anyone?

I work at world square but happy to meet anywhere in the CBD.

– Craig

Burgo

Fridays are fine with me and I can get the bus into the city ( $ 2.50 ) thats if you young guns can put up with an old bloke.

Astrid

Not all of us are young guns anymore ;-)

To cut the process short – what about a Friday night in February? Feb 13? Or Feb 20?

I’m at a shoe trade show in Darling Harbour on the 13th, so City is fine with me.

I suggest Glenmore Hotel in the Rocks
    http://www.glenmorehotel.com.au/

or
    http://www.albionplacehotel.com.au/

which is a bit more posh …

(but open to any other suggestions)

Cheers
    Astrid

The Cafe Ninja

OK, I’m making an executive decision!

Drinks at the Albion Hotel on Fri 13th (dum dum duuuummm) Feb from 5:30pm onwards. All welcome but can you please e-mail me at craig@theprocessninja.com so I know who is definately coming as I often forget to check this forum!

Great stuff – hope you can all make it – if we can’t get a good turn out let’s consider the 20th…

– Craig (The Process Ninja)

Astrid

Great ;-)

I’m coming after the trade show …

Cheers
    Astrid

Burgo

I like executive decisions, I’ll ask the boss and let you know but should be apples.

Burgo

Actually the Boss gave out this big cheer, I think she wants me outa the house for the evening, so that means I’m coming along Friday 13th, what a good date any one superstitious.

Which bar , street or lounge.

The Cafe Ninja

OK – so far we have:

Me
    Astrid
    Patrick
    Michael

As Seth Godin would say, you only need three to make a tribe, so we are doing OK! Hopefully we’ll get a couple more before next week.

– Craig

Burgo

The guys and gal from FS admin are more than welcome and we would really like to let you know how much we appreciate what you have done.

I have opened a social group for the Sydney Network, and I think it would be a neat social group, purely social that is, also inviting interstate forum members let us know when they are in town so hopefully we can catch up.

Let us know what you think.

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660

Thanks for the invite, Patrick! That’s very thoughtful. Alas we’re unable to take you up on your offer.

I know this as we were talking about your gathering at today’s weekly meeting … and did a diary check which came up short for us all. I’m coming to Sydney this weekend, but not until Saturday. I’d have loved to have come along otherwise, especially to have been on the receiving end of this!

Burgo, post: 2736 wrote:
    …we would really like to let you know how much we appreciate what you have done.

We then went on to talking – at length, as it happens – about how great it is that you guys are using the forums to help organise a get together. It is precisely the sort of thing we hoped would happen when we started up the forum and to see it manifest is, we believe, a milestone of its success.

We would love it if one of you you could take a photo of the gathering and post it on this thread. And please do tell us how you get on.

Cheers to you all!

Sam

PS: I’m guessing if other Sydney people pick up this thread it’s not too late for them to come along?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.