Home Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Drinks with Sydney Flyingsoloists?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Burgo
    • Total posts: 2,099

Thanks Sam, there will be many more times I’m sure for you guys to come and join us.

One of our carpet cleaners organised a BBQ at his place a couple of years ago for forum members in Sydney to get to know each other. At that stage carpet cleaners competed with each other. This get together was successful enough, then they started to meet every few months.

The word competition with this group of carpet cleaners has been dropped for co operation. They network and mentor each other and it has become the core group of our association. Jobs are passed on to other members, members work together and help each other out, so I value getting to know other forum members, and who knows who can assist who, and in what way.

We could start an association of soloists……………just kidding
    patrick

ps its never too late

The Cafe Ninja
    • Total posts: 124

Everyone is welcome! I think it will be really interesting to talk to soloists of different backgrounds – and of course I’ll be happy to share my love of process!

I’ll need to think of a special flyingsolo hand signal so we know how to recognise each other!!!

gregpritchard.virtualcio
    • Total posts: 51

I’ll need to think of a special flyingsolo hand signal so we know how to recognise each other!!!

Craig, have to make sure its a hand signal with only one hand. It wouldn’t be Flying Solo otherwise!

Burgo

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/groups/sydney-networking.html

Thats the address for Sydney – network, so that we can find each other.

Does everyone have a Flying solo postcard, and where are we meeting lounge or bar?

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459

We could meet at the back, outside, if it’s not raining, they have a terrace.

Recognizing? Well guys – upload your photos ;-))

Cheers
    Astrid

Burgo

Astrid you will have no problem recognising me, just look for an old bloke with white hair, white beard & glasses (in a red suite).

The Cafe Ninja

This is me:

http://ninja.typepad.com/about.html

But I have a no3 buzzcut at the moment. I’ll be wearing a grey shirt and black jeans and I’ll have a red rose between my teeth (maybe not but it is valentines day tomorrow!)

Astrid

Hi Craig

Better save that rose for you wife ;-)) She must be busy with 3 kids.

Looks like rain tonight – so better meet inside, first level. I’m sure I will recognise you.
    I’m already skipping lunch because of their great $9 steaks and mash (or fries).

See you later
    Astrid

The Cafe Ninja
    Astrid, post: 3017 wrote:
    Hi Craig

Better save that rose for you wife ;-)) She must be busy with 3 kids.

Looks like rain tonight – so better meet inside, first level. I’m sure I will recognise you.
    I’m already skipping lunch because of their great $9 steaks and mash (or fries).

See you later
    Astrid

My mobile is 0400731029 if you can’t find me…

Astrid

Thanks ;-)

0412 890 744

Cheers
    Astrid

Burgo

I thought about this earlier, but havent got around toit

My mobile is 0419 424 130

The Cafe Ninja

I might arrange something in the next couple of months…there were only three of us at the last one and I had to go early, but with a bit of hussle I’m sure we could boost the numbers!

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430

I’d be interested.

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Astrid, post: 3017 wrote:

See you later
    Astrid

Astrid, you had me at steak … *grin* Too bad I’m not in Sydney …

I’ve gotta check out the Melbourne groups to see what’s going on (if anything). If there’s nice food involved at a networking event (I’m into food: cooking, writing, photographing and eating!), I’m halfway there already. ;-)

CraigMyton
    • Total posts: 2

I’d be interested in meeting up with people

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.