Home Forums Other discussions Duties and taxes of shipment from China to Australia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LOTG
    • Total posts: 1

Hi Everyone,

I can’t seem to find the answers of the estimated duties, taxes, and other payments I need to fulfill to receive the goods shipped from China to Sydney Australia.

So basically, I have ordered a product through searching at Alibaba. Found a company trading in China and given me a quote of the product amounting to $420 USD.
    Shipping cost is $183USD via Fedex.
    Carton dimension is 40*50*60cm.
    2 cartons in total to be airfreight.
    About 31.2kg in Total.

So basically when it lands to Australia, what other things I need to consider before receiving my goods? What other payments I need to fulfill (e.g. duties, taxes, etc)?

Many thanks for all your input.

Very newbie to all of this =)

Cheers!

Ana

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,523

Hi Ana,

Hopefully one of our members can help you out. In the meantime, welcome to the forums!

Dave

Dash Freight
    Participant
    • Total posts: 89

Hi Ana

I am new to this community and I just saw this thread.

I assume its all over now, but it’s a common question and I will answer with future imports in mind.

What you are after is the “landed Cost”. To calculate it I would need the above information plus a detailed description of the goods, including quantity and unit value. Different products attract different tariffs.

Landed Cost is the cost to land the goods after paying for the goods, the freight, and any duty and taxes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.