Home – New Forums New here? Share your story E-Commerce Newcomer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    simonw
    • Total posts: 60
    Up
    ::

Hey folks, My name is Simon, and I am from Brisbane, work full time but want to tread my own path. I have been selling a bit online for a year or so now, and it is time to get serious and start up an online store selling coffee related products. I have got some suppliers worked out, now I just need to get the business up off the ground.

I am thinking of using Volusion for my store – it seems like a good package for a novice, but I would love to get some feedback if you think otherwise. Hopefully I will be up and running within a few weeks

Who knows where this will go, it may not make me a millionaire but hopefully I will learn a stack of skills and get the experience and confidence I need to get any future projects up and running

I have also started dabbling in a little bit of website flipping, I think it will help me learn about on on-line marketing and maybe even make a bit of money.

Anyway, there is plenty of good stuff on here so i better go and get reading!

Cheers

SImon

TrishF
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Welcome Simon
    It’s important to focus when starting a biz, website flipping is fun & exciting but don’t let it distract you from your core biz. Coffee is an addictive substance, good choice. Lol.
    Cheers
    Trish Fehon

TrishF
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Welcome Simon
    It’s important to focus when starting a biz, website flipping is fun & exciting but don’t let it distract you from your core biz. Coffee is an addictive substance, good choice. Lol.
    Cheers
    Trish Fehon

Neddy
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Hi Simon – and welcome. :)

It’s good to have more and more people getting on the eCommerce bandwagon. I started my first store in 2000.

Good luck with your coffee venture – sounds fun. Volusion is a good platform to start with – other options include instantestore.com. (Both give you free trials).

A lot of our community at DN Trade are into eCommerce – as well as developing and selling domains. It is as addictive as coffee!

All the best.

Cheers, Ned

Neddy
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Hi Simon – and welcome. :)

It’s good to have more and more people getting on the eCommerce bandwagon. I started my first store in 2000.

Good luck with your coffee venture – sounds fun. Volusion is a good platform to start with – other options include instantestore.com. (Both give you free trials).

A lot of our community at DN Trade are into eCommerce – as well as developing and selling domains. It is as addictive as coffee!

All the best.

Cheers, Ned

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    simonw, post: 101616 wrote:
    I am thinking of using Volusion for my store – it seems like a good package for a novice, but I would love to get some feedback if you think otherwise. Hopefully I will be up and running within a few weeks

You could try some of the Australian based providers as opposed to USA based companies. Volusion is not the easiest of platforms to use but has been around for a while.

You could start by looking at companies in the Flying Solo directory just search on eCommerce or similar – search here

You can also try http://www.netregistry.com.au/ecommerce or http://www.iinet.net.au/business/shopping-cart/.

You should make out a list of requirements and do some shopping around. Having an idea of what you need and also some example sites that sell products similar to your products is important.

John

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    simonw, post: 101616 wrote:

You could try some of the Australian based providers as opposed to USA based companies. Volusion is not the easiest of platforms to use but has been around for a while.

You could start by looking at companies in the Flying Solo directory just search on eCommerce or similar – search here

You can also try http://www.netregistry.com.au/ecommerce or http://www.iinet.net.au/business/shopping-cart/.

You should make out a list of requirements and do some shopping around. Having an idea of what you need and also some example sites that sell products similar to your products is important.

John

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.