Home – New Forums Tell me straight… E-Shop Opinions Please :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DreamscanbeVisions
    • Total posts: 284
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

First impression on the layout.. http://seabuckthornoil.com.au/natural-skin-care/

Too much like a blog ?
    Would you buy from a blog looking site ?

Please provide honest opinions as I’m going to act on it.

Thanks.

RaspberryBlack
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

Hi there,

now this has improved a lot since the first version I’ve seen (the green one).
    Actually I probably wouldn’t have a problem buying from a site that resembles a blog if the structure is still clear and it looks trustworthy. But that’s what I’m still missing on your site :) I know, you can’t fight at all fronts at once and you’ve come quite a good way in the short time. So just keep in mind that there has to be a call to action and the whole site has to work for that.

Just a short (maybe not the best) example: you want your customers to buy your product, so make the buy (or shop) button stand out. Now there may be those who are interested but aren’t sure about your product: you have to inform them and argument against any objections they could have buying it. To do that they have to find the text that you’ve provided. So you could repeat their possible questions on your buttons; like “why it works”, “what it is for” or anything like that, make it sound interesting. And keep the navigation as clear as anyhow possible. You may try ordering your buttons from left to right from “beginner-information” to “advanced-information” and finally to “buy”.
    And last but not least you’ll have the traffic that stops by an may not even now why they got onto the site. Have a reason for them to stay right at your landing page! Like (another bad example, I hope you get the point anyway) “Get rid of your little ailments” – just something that speaks to a lot (if not all) of your target market. (You might ask around as probably won’t find out yourself yet ;) )

And as for the blog-look-thing: wordpress doesn’t have to look like a blog, you can have it look like anything. Try “How to be a Rockstar WordPress Designer” or just google wordpress e-commerce–you’ll find a lot. Keep up learning, I like your progress :)

Good luck with it!
    Cheers,
    Tina

DreamscanbeVisions
    Up

Tina thank you for your feedback & suggestions :D

Wordpress looks to be the best for what I’m trying to do athough I’ve had to learn a lot of new things about web designing (which I don’t mind).

What a great idea to address a huge range of people so that if people were to accidentally view the site they still stay, thank you :)

Now I’ve researched quite a bit about wordpress & the reason why I like it is because you can really get great SEO benefits, easy to manage & the structure of the site is already set. I had a look at the link you provided & I’m deffinetly leaning more to that sort of structure with the theme I have now.

I love the idea of having everything on the site revolve around the buy now button as it is the whole purpose of the site. I’m also going to have a subscribe form which will say “Receive monthly discounts” so maybe when I send these monthly offers I can catch the customers who were just a little interested.

Is it better to have two call to actions on the home page for different things i.e subscribing & purchasing ?

I’m also thinking of adding a Live chat button where people can chat within one click ..is this a good idea ?
    Would you use live chat for your questions or would you search the site ?

With looking trustworthy I’ll deffinetly post again to see what suggestions people can provide, just not up to that yet.

Please note the site is under maintenance & may not work at times.

RaspberryBlack
    • Total posts: 47
    Up
    DreamscanbeVisions, post: 72346 wrote:
    Is it better to have two call to actions on the home page for different things i.e subscribing & purchasing ?

Usually you concentrate on one call to action to be as effective as possible. The subscribing thing is around for blogs a lot because they only need returning traffic.
    Most shops have an email subscribing service to send out their latest offers—the difference is that they usually don’t promote that subscribing service on their startpage, but somewhere in the selling process. However you could have something like “Subscribe to our newsletter and get 20% off” on landing pages for new customers. If you’re confident you can send out interesting emails that actually contain valuable information and irresistable offers (so your subscribers actually read them) you could give it a try, but good newsletters are a lot of work so you might want to concentrate on your site first and establish a visual identity before sending out anything.

DreamscanbeVisions, post: 72346 wrote:
    I’m also thinking of adding a Live chat button where people can chat within one click ..is this a good idea? Would you use live chat for your questions or would you search the site ?

Actually I love live chats for products I’m already interested in buying and want to compare quickly (usually a sign for missing information on the website) or need some in depth technical information (webhosts). In general they can be a good way to make the whole selling process more personal or technical support quicker. But people know that a live chat is maintained by the people who want to sell them stuff so I believe they’ll mainly use it to gather information rather than to hear your (biased) opinion about the product. Do you need to give any support for your product? Are you prepared to answer medical questions reliably? And do you think your target market will feel confident using a chat? Or would they be more confident if they could send you an email, give you a call or even request some plain old printed brochures? Be sure to do a lot of research for your target market before you plan on how to service your customers.

Cheers,
    Tina

Tergeste
    • Total posts: 65
    Up
    DreamscanbeVisions, post: 72229 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

First impression on the layout.. http://seabuckthornoil.com.au/natural-skin-care/

Too much like a blog ?
    Would you buy from a blog looking site ?

Please provide honest opinions as I’m going to act on it.

Thanks.

Firstly don’t like to comments on sites that are not finished…
    just 3 points:
    1. Make your telephone numbers more visible. First contact if you want a telephone reply MUST BE on the top right hand corner. All good designers consider this a must.
    2. Make your gurantees prominent, so you immediately build credibility.
    3. Headline all your pages with relevent keywords…

Let’s have another look later.

Yes Wp has great SEO plugins… also look at Adwords later…

DreamscanbeVisions
    Up

Wow thank you both for such great replies as it’s great having advice given while I’m creating the site so I don’t have to change things etc but I will of course want move advice & opinions once completed.

The subscribe button was going to be something like: “Receive Special Monthly Discounts”, basically so people who didn’t purchase because of price will buy later with the discount.

Maybe I’ll have it on the ride side as a widget or not at all ?

I believe the target market would use the chat function would help build trust, customer service & value.

The difference between my business & others is that I will not provide biased opinions if I know a better product works for a skin condition (for e.g) I will let them know.

I believe that being honest & letting customers know this can only be a good thing in the long-term.

Great idea with the telephone number I will deffinetly add that only thing though is I don’t have a 1300 or 1800 # at the moment though this is something I will get within the next ffew months.

Is it a turn-off seeing a # like: (02) 4393 9790, by the way this is my house # lol… it’s temporary okayyyyyy haha.

With my guarantee’s do you mean return policy & potential results from using the product ?

I don’t want it to seem like a “too good to be true” product which was given as feedback to me on this forum before :)

As for keywords & SEO I’ve got everything pretty set just the 2nd NAV bar which is:

“What is SBT oil” “Who uses”, etc is the only links I’m currently thinking if it’s worth it since the only keyword is like “Buy SBT oil” & “SBT oil”

I must emphasise that I am very knowledgable in the field & the truth is topical products such as this only relieve & only provide results when uses consistently.

To cure a skin condition (for e.g) you must eradicate the source of the problem & SBT oil doesn’t do that….

Should I let people know it’s not a cure even though to some it may seem obvious… Should I let people know what the cure is & be honest about it ?
    The latter is referring to: Chatting with the consumers & not displaying content on the site though if you think I should let me know.

Thanks for replies I’m already very happy with the feedback :D :D

Tergeste
    • Total posts: 65
    Up
    DreamscanbeVisions, post: 72968 wrote:
    Wow thank you both for such great replies as it’s great having advice given while I’m creating the site so I don’t have to change things etc but I will of course want move advice & opinions once completed.

The subscribe button was going to be something like: “Receive Special Monthly Discounts”, basically so people who didn’t purchase because of price will buy later with the discount.

Maybe I’ll have it on the ride side as a widget or not at all ?

I believe the target market would use the chat function would help build trust, customer service & value.

The difference between my business & others is that I will not provide biased opinions if I know a better product works for a skin condition (for e.g) I will let them know.

I believe that being honest & letting customers know this can only be a good thing in the long-term.

Great idea with the telephone number I will deffinetly add that only thing though is I don’t have a 1300 or 1800 # at the moment though this is something I will get within the next ffew months.

Is it a turn-off seeing a # like: (02) 4393 9790, by the way this is my house # lol… it’s temporary okayyyyyy haha.

With my guarantee’s do you mean return policy & potential results from using the product ?

I don’t want it to seem like a “too good to be true” product which was given as feedback to me on this forum before :)

As for keywords & SEO I’ve got everything pretty set just the 2nd NAV bar which is:

“What is SBT oil” “Who uses”, etc is the only links I’m currently thinking if it’s worth it since the only keyword is like “Buy SBT oil” & “SBT oil”

I must emphasise that I am very knowledgable in the field & the truth is topical products such as this only relieve & only provide results when uses consistently.

To cure a skin condition (for e.g) you must eradicate the source of the problem & SBT oil doesn’t do that….

Should I let people know it’s not a cure even though to some it may seem obvious… Should I let people know what the cure is & be honest about it ?
    The latter is referring to: Chatting with the consumers & not displaying content on the site though if you think I should let me know.

Thanks for replies I’m already very happy with the feedback :D :D

I still don’t know what SBT is so you need to clarify this on the site….

DreamscanbeVisions
    Up
    Tergeste, post: 73259 wrote:
    I still don’t know what SBT is so you need to clarify this on the site….

No worries! I’ve been delaying the site as I’ve been learning so much about internet marketing but tomorrow FINALLY I will be adding content & well finishing it :D

Sorry for not finishing yet as I’ve had my focus on something a little more important but I’m back to finish what I’ve begun :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.