Home – New Forums Selling online eBay and new fee structure.. changes are a coming..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Oh Boy,

Ebay are at it again.. not sure how they can do this, although now they intend on charging FINAL VALUE fees on the TOTAL COST OF SALE (including postage) – REALLY… They increase costs to ensure sellers get into line as per the expectations of buyers..

Ebay is traditionally a buyers market, and sellers need to (unfortunately) bend for both eBay and buyers and this is yet another of ebays changes. Some others in the past have included removing the ability of a seller leaving buyers negative feedback (again power to the buyer)..

None of this post is taken in a negative tone, just a change that anyone who sells online through ebay needs to be aware of… Example, our freight can cost approx $100-$350 to get an item to a client.. now i will incur an additional $5-17.50 in fees because of this change..

And then they flluff it a little for store operators and reduce HOME APPLIANCES CATEGORIES final fees by approx 2% for anything over $200. Just a distraction really.

For low cost sellers including free postage for items that cost next to nothing to sell this is fine, for others it basically means that FREIGHT COSTS WILL INCREASE to accommodate the additional ebay fees or the cost of the product will increase.. its a shame really, cos if sellers add this price to the cost of goods those that collect in person will be paying more than they should which is a bad thing…

ALL EBAY SELLERS, please review your emails to ensure you are across this as it may impact your pricing structure..

Take care everyone

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up

Yeap I saw this in my inbox this morning.

It might actually work out in my favour because everything I sell is free shipping so any competitors that list lower prices and charge for postage will have to raise their price.

Not great for you guys shipping larger items though!

chuey
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

hi guys,

how come quicksales hasnt gained more traction

i must admit i have tried using it myself with zero traction, but wondering why its not moving

chuey
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    eStrategyPro.com, post: 0 wrote:
    Over time, sellers’ margins will get lower and lower, as one by one quit the business. Eventually, the ones who survive are the ones who can sell at massive volume at razor thin margins. They’ll be the winners who take all because all the smaller players and new entrants can’t match their economies of scale.

Yet another example of what’s so wrong with this world nowadays. The rich getting richer while the poor getting poorer. Big businesses screwing and crushing small businesses until we have monopolies with concentrated market power. Sigh…

not sure the ones left will be the winners, like all things, new competition will come when the margins are too fat :)

affgar
    • Total posts: 123
    Up

When you are shacked up in china or hong kong … it seems that sales wih a profit of 20 cents might be worth it???

Hard to believe.
    It does highlight how screwed we are in Australia with our grossly excessive delivery costs.

You could get a truck delivered to Australia from another country for the same price as getting it towed 100 klms here … lol

Something has to give in the long run. Though sellers with low over heads & nothing to lose make money … it doesn’t matter how small the amount is to some people.

cokele
    • Total posts: 47
    Up
    chuey, post: 188816 wrote:
    hi guys,

how come quicksales hasnt gained more traction

i must admit i have tried using it myself with zero traction, but wondering why its not moving

Seriously I have no idea. They are part of carsales.com.au which they do very well in car classified. Just that this success does not go to quicksales.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.