Home – New Forums Selling online Ebay “Shop Our Recommendations” banner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    garethsolar
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi Everybody.

Often when I do searches on ebay to see how I rank compared to competitors, I see this banner before all of the listings. Its usually, but not always relevant to the search and always seems to be a pretty very organization such as Super Cheap Auto.
    Obviously a banner like this would be a huge advantage for any seller and I have rung ebay and asked them what it costs, and how I would go about having one of these banners. They told me that these banners are not paid advertising but automatically picked out by ebay based upon price and selling history.
    I think they are telling me porkies, because often I have found these items to be not price competitive and have no selling history.
    Does anybody have any experience or knowledge about this particular function of ebay? Are they offering advertising space to large stores that they don’t offer to everybody else?

Keen to hear your thoughts,
    Gareth

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Gareth,

That’s an interesting question. We have quite a few experienced eBay merchants around here, so hopefully some of them can share their insights with you.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum :) We’d love it if you’d head over to the New members section and tell us a bit about yourself and your business when you get a moment.

Nice to meet you,
    Jayne

Anonymous
    Up

It’s called eBay deals and you need to submit your products for review, there is a link at the top of eBay’s home page. It doesn’t cost anything.

garethsolar
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Fantastic, thanks Fab! I wonder why Ebay couldn’t tell me that!? I probably wasn’t asking the question right ;-)

Anonymous
    Up

eBay customer support are hopeless and should be the last place you go to. :-)

affgar
    • Total posts: 123
    Up

There are also some paid ad banners that I think are connected to Google adwords!

Well done Fab .. Thanks for the information provided!

Anonymous
    Up

The ad banners are done through ebaycommerce network

http://www.ebaycommercenetwork.com/au/

pay per click

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.