Home – New Forums Other discussions ebook reader, which would you recommend?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    ::

Currently comparing my huge Lonely Planet plus a novel or two, to other travellers Kobo Mini or Kindle and thinking of how much lighter I could be travelling…

So who uses one, and would they recommend it? Size/weight and battery life are very important.

ScarlettR
    • Total posts: 396
    Up

Kindle. I go with the e-ink because of battery life and just a general preference to read something that isn’t glowing in my face. I also have a Kobo but Kindle wifi is good.

Sydney Business
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

I have a Sony e-reader, the battery seems to last, it’s easy to use and the screen is easy to read – not to mention it also has Wi-Fi.

RyanMcCausland
    • Total posts: 55
    Up

I have the Kindle Keyboard 3G (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HZYA6E/ref=kindle_dp_comp), which I have found to be fantastic. It includes 3G built in, so you can download books even if you are away from Wi-Fi. Very easy on your eyes and great battery life.

WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 297
    Up
    ThatSpreadsheetGuy, post: 160950 wrote:
    I have the Kindle Keyboard 3G (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HZYA6E/ref=kindle_dp_comp), which I have found to be fantastic. It includes 3G built in, so you can download books even if you are away from Wi-Fi. Very easy on your eyes and great battery life.

I second this statement. I have the same model and it is great. The screen is just like reading a real book and if you only turn on the Wi-Fi/3G when you need it the battery lasts a very long time (as opposed to a long time :)).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.